Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Protective door strip and wheels

ringleader

Corvette
1990 Black coupe
I'm in negotiations to buy a 2004 and don't like the strip on the door ... what happens when you remove it? I need to know about the wheels also, I think they were an extra. Any info would be appreciated. 2004A vette.jpg

The side mouldings are removable, and those look like the stock "wagon wheel" alloys from earlier models.

I'm in negotiations to buy a 2004 and don't like the strip on the door ... what happens when you remove it? I need to know about the wheels also, I think they were an extra. Any info would be appreciated.View attachment 9860

I own an '04 convertible and have both the stock and aftermarket thin spoke chrome wheels. The wheels do not appear to be the stock wheels. The center cap does not appear correct either. The strip can be removed with a little "goo-be-gone and HD dental floss. The floss won't scatch the body, but you will need to clean the "goo" and put a good coat of wax on her. You might want to consider keeping the protective strip for awhile. I have one and it starts to look better and better with time. IMHO>

Yea those wheels are from a 97-99. Stock, but from an earlier model. BSM's (body side moldings) are something that it seems, you either like them or you don't. If you don't they can be removed or they can be added.

I REALLY wanted a C5 without the door strip. But, otherwise, this car was perfect. Surprisingly, after a year, I'm now not so sure I will remove the strip. Go figure. I've grown to kinda like it.

Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom