Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Proud New Owner of a Red 90 Callaway Supernatural 490

1badzr1

Corvette
1990 ZR1 # 203 Red - CR1 Callaway Supernatural 490
Hello,

I can finally say that I am the owner of that 90 Red Supernatural 490 CR1 (#203 Low 1990 production number). I was once before the Owner of #385 a 95 ZR1 Dark Red with Beige interior, which I traded in for a Diablo. I still have the Diablo but missed the ZR1. I wanted to make my 95 a CR1 but was informed by Callaway that they were not going down that road anymore, just supporting existing owners. So that was the end of the trail for me.
frown5.gif

I always loved the look of the areobody but just did want to do the conversion without the Callaway soul like Carls and Tonys CR1s. I had seen the black one over at Corvette Mikes but they were not budging on the price. When this one came up I had to go for it. It is 1 of 11 Callaway CR1s documented by Callaway. It went on it conversion in 97 and is pushing over 500 hp with its more agressive DRM cams. The Car is cleaner than the day it was at the dealership. In fact I dare to say it is cleaner than when I had my 95 and boy was that clean.
The seller is a gentlemen in the highest order.
thumbsup.gif

The Car should arrive at my home hopfully by the 20th.
lol.gif

Chris,

Thanks for your support in answering my questions and leading me in the right direction after all these years!!:_rock .

1badzr1 said:
Chris,

Thanks for your support in answering my questions and leading me in the right direction after all these years!!:_rock .

B. - It was absolutely my pleasure - If you enjoy the car as much as you have been enthusiastic about it all, you will have some amazing times in that machine :cool

Again, welcome to the Callaway Family :cool

Congrats on your new purchase. Good luck with it I know you wanted one for quite some time .
1badzr1 said:
Hello,

I can finally say that I am the owner of that 90 Red Supernatural 490 CR1 (#208 Low 1990 production number). I was once before the Owner of #385 a 95 ZR1 Dark Red with Beige interior, which I traded in for a Diablo. I still have the Diablo but missed the ZR1. I wanted to make my 95 a CR1 but was informed by Callaway that they were not going down that road anymore, just supporting existing owners. So that was the end of the trail for me.
frown5.gif

I always loved the look of the areobody but just did want to do the conversion without the Callaway soul like Carls and Tonys CR1s. I had seen the black one over at Corvette Mikes but they were not budging on the price. When this one came up I had to go for it. It is 1 of 11 Callaway CR1s documented by Callaway. It went on it conversion in 97 and is pushing over 500 hp with its more agressive DRM cams. The Car is cleaner than the day it was at the dealership. In fact I dare to say it is cleaner than when I had my 95 and boy was that clean.
thumbsup.gif

lol.gif

:_rock congrats on your purchase of an awesome car! hope it brings you much enjoyment :lou:blue:

About Time!!

Is that you Ben?Congrats & welcome.See you at the next LICOA show.:D

Tony C.,

Yes!! ;) It is me, after all those years seeing you and Carls CR1's I finally have one. That Holiday gathering over at you home and seeing your CR1 on the lift in the garage layed a very big impression on me. Seeing it from below up close. Totally beautiful.:_rock Not sure if you saw the pics but it has the center mounted exhaust and the Brembo big brake package. You will definitely see me at the next LICOA event and count me in on your next road trip to Callaway. Thanks to you, Carl and Chris the bug never left. The car is in such prestine condition that I will not have to do anything to it for refurbishment.

PM me your # so we can talk.
Thanks
Ben

Congragulations!

That was the one on Ebay was it not? The people on this forum are a bad influence, they made me buy mine too. ":D

kaijumax,

Yes, it was I had seen it first on the Zr1.net, I was in negotiation for it as it popped on ebay. It was posted by the dealer not the owner of the car to get some further advertisement for it. He was basiclly the first owner with 300 miles since 89.

In fact, I remember seeing yours when it popped up on ebay a while back but I was on the fence and didn't pursue it. Your car is sweet!!:_rock Its interesting how yours is a 90 as well. Do you know when yours went for the conversion. He didn't opt for the OZ rims but for the Amolds rims. I will be getting a binder full of documentation on the car. I'm very eager to flip through it and go through the information detail on the car.

Drop me your # I would love to talk about your car and what you have learned about it since taking ownership

1badzr1 said:
kaijumax,

Yes, it was I had seen it first on the Zr1.net, I was in negotiation for it as it popped on ebay. It was posted by the dealer not the owner of the car to get some further advertisement for it. He was basiclly the first owner with 300 miles since 89.

In fact, I remember seeing yours when it popped up on ebay a while back but I was on the fence and didn't pursue it. Your car is sweet!!:_rock Its interesting how yours is a 90 as well. Do you know when yours went for the conversion. He didn't opt for the OZ rims but for the Amolds rims. I will be getting a binder full of documentation on the car. I'm very eager to flip through it and go through the information detail on the car.

Drop me your # I would love to talk about your car and what you have learned about it since taking ownership
My car was ordered on 10/26/93 arrived on 11/1/93 and shiped back 0n 2/10/94. I have the original Summer of 93 Callaway catalog that came with the car. I know Callaway only started the Supernatural Program in "93 so I believe this car to be an early conversion. As I stated earlier in another statement, the catalog had no mention of the 490's yet. Also according to the information in this forum there were only 5 :upthumbs 1990 ZR1's w/ the Callaway Body. Also I PM'd you with my #.

2 New Callaway Owners

Welcome to kaijumax and 1badzr1 !
Great cars you both have now and we know you will enjoy Callaway ownership as only a few do!

1badzr1 said:
Hello,

I can finally say that I am the owner of that 90 Red Supernatural 490 CR1 (#208 Low 1990 production number). I was once before the Owner of #385 a 95 ZR1 Dark Red with Beige interior, which I traded in for a Diablo. I still have the Diablo but missed the ZR1. I wanted to make my 95 a CR1 but was informed by Callaway that they were not going down that road anymore, just supporting existing owners. So that was the end of the trail for me.
frown5.gif

thumbsup.gif

lol.gif
Congrats Ben, Best of luck.
Phil.

Phil,

How are you? I hope your doing well and Florida is treating you excellent. I hear you still have your Red CR1. I always hoped that you would part with it. That is one mean vehicle. I spoke with Dennis and Carmin yesterday and was talking about you and your car. I told them I was back in the fold with a 90 CR1, will be taking it over to do a dyno run next week.

Wishing you a Happy Holiday and Joyful New Year.
Regards,
Ben

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom