Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PS Contl Valve, New or rebuilt? and from where?

lobes290

Corvette
1979 white l-82
I'm almost done with my front end rebuild: ball joints, wheel bearings, bushings, tie rods, springs, struts, ps pump, ps ram. Now its time to make the decision about the cont valve. With so many options I'm looking for some advice. Anybody have any reason why i shouldn't go with the one below? if so what do you recommend... Of course money is an issue but id rather do it right once.. So if this is one of those things that i should just bite it and go for new then i will..

Corvette Central.
power steering control valve - rebuilt
1963-1982
PSCV is centered and tested and comes with a limited 5 year warranty. Installation instructions included in box.
Price 99$ with a 120$ Core.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000050g~Z5Z5Z5AAZXR~P99.00~~~~S33R13CSJM97854223450C~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050G#

Thanks a lot
-tony

It's up to you but I wouldn't get a rebuilt one anymore. A lot of issues with them leaking. The cost for the 2 parts kits, the good ones, is almost as much as a new valve these days. I would go new from a place that has a good warranty and tests them. Lone Star makes them and they are sold by a lot of vendors, VBP I believe also sells new that are tested. I don't know if they are Lone Stars or their own. Call them and ask.

I replaced mine with a Lone Star PSCV about six years ago - works fine, no issues, no leaks.

:beer

I got mine from Corvettes of Houston about 3 years ago and I haven't had an issue with it.

Of course, I'd follow any advice from JohnZ...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom