Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PS Rocker Panel Needed any available or can a regular one be used??

hzl6cm

Corvette
1970 Laguna Grey Convert., '04 Z06
I have the body shop repairing the damage from my recent trip in to the ditch. The only part that they haven't been able to get is a passenger side rocker panel. Not only is it unavailable, there is no projected availability date. Does anybody know where one might be available? If I can't find one, can one from a regular Corvette be used if the hole is cut in it for the brake duct? Thanks!

Seriously, if your bodyshop is having a problem figuring that out they should'nt be working on your car. There's no way any shop should have a problem finding and/or fixing anything on a C5 Vette. My best friend owns a large high volume shop and those types of problems, parts availability, etc, are encountered and solved swiftly within hours, daily. If you can't find it, fix it. But you can find anything you need for these cars.

The bodyshop that I am using can fix the existing rocker panel, but since it is cracked pretty badly in several places around the brake duct opening they would prefer to replace the pnel with a new one if it is available. Their supplier is saying that it isn't available and there is no time frame for it to be available. I told them that I thought that they could use one from a regular coupe and they could just cut the opening for the brake duct. I checked with a Chevy dealer yesterday and they don't even show a seperate listing for the rocker for a Z06, just for the coupe and the convertible. Some of the other parts that were damaged on the car that probably could have been repaired, the fender and trunk pan, they are also loking at replacing so the car will be perfect when it is done and I glad that they are taking this route.

GM has them, they sell them 3 ways!!:thumb Complete,Front to Back
Front half repair panel,or Rear half repair panel!!:thumb
Coupe,Convertible,and FRC are basically the the same panel!! Z06 just has the hole cut in it for the Air Duct,out side of the Air duct and a couple other little modifications,97-04 will work!!:thumb If I remember right the last couple I've replaced on a coupe even had the back side marked for the air duct for a Z06,just had to be cut out!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
The shop may just be wanting an excuse to repair yours,to replace one complete,Door and Quarter Panel must be removed!!To do that,there are 2 screws in the Qtr panel that 2 holes have to be drilled in the lower top flange behind the door to get them out!! :D

PS.On my 01 Zo6,I went to extra work removing the inside rear trim,removing the top bolts and raising the top enough to remove the screws so I wouldn't have to drill and repair holes and paint on my top!!:thumb
What a pain in the donkey!!:L :D

Update - I talked with the bodyshop yesterday and they now have the new rocker.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom