Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Pulled codes P0894 Checked code list this code not listed

jim4748

Corvette
2004 Magnetic Red Coupe
Just purchased 2004 C5 A4 on way home had to purchase off brand 93 oct gas check engine light came on after about 50 miles. Checked manual said emmision problem and to check gas cap. It wasn't tight so tighten, light has stayed on for 500 miles. Manual states it will reset after few days can I manually reset it.

Read thread on resetting codes and pulled codes Got this code 10 PCM P0894 H-C

New to C5 World so any help greatly appreciated.

Well Jim, first off Welcome to CAC. I think there is a way to clear the codes using the DIC (Driver Information Center). I'll take a look and see if I can find that post. As far as the code itself, I'd have to look up the code in my FSM, which is at home. Maybe someone will jump in here and let you know more on that code.

P0894 is not listed in the 2004 Service Manual.

Are you sure of the number?

Before I bought my OBDII code reader, I used to just go to Autozone and have them cleared.

I did a quick Google of p0894 dtc and found a little info.
Not sure if it applies to the 2004 specifically, but it refers to transmission slipping.

One of the hits was at LS1GTO forum and the thread had a pretty detailed response of what the conditions are to set that code.

Verify the code.
If it's accurate, first thing I would do is check the fluid level of the transmission. This is easier said than done as there is no dipstick. You have to raise up the car and check the level by removing a plug while the engine is running.
The place I bought my used '01 from failed to check the fluid and I noticed slippage while cornering. Sure enough it was pretty low.

Hope this helps,
Rich

(snip)

I did a quick Google of p0994 dtc and found a little info.
Not sure if it applies to the 2004 specifically, but it refers to transmission slipping.

I think the OP asks about DTC P0894 not P0994.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. I found several threads for the P0894 code for vehicles other than corvette everything from torque converter, slipping transmission to line pressure. I didn't mention car was modified by Lingenfelter and they changed the shift pressures so this may have caused the code. I'll talk to them next week and keep you posted.

Car is running great but the check engine light hasn't reset.

My guess is,you have bigger problems than that!~!!:thumb

I wouldn't drive it much,till I had it checked out!

Circuit Description

The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the difference between engine speed and transmission output speed. In D3 drive range with the TCC engaged, the engine speed should closely match the transmission output speed. In D4 drive range, with the TCC engaged, the TCC slip speed should be -20 to +50 RPM.
When the PCM detects excessive TCC slip when the TCC should be engaged, then DTC P0894 sets. DTC P0894 is a type B DTC.

Conditions for Running the DTC

• No TP sensor DTCs P1120 or P1220.
  • No VSS assembly DTCs P0502 or P0503.
  • No TCC solenoid valve DTC P0740.
  • No 1-2 SS valve DTC P0753.
  • No 2-3 SS valve DTC P0758.
  • No 3-2 SS valve assembly DTC P0785.
  • No TFP manual valve position switch DTC P1810.
  • No TCC PWM solenoid valve DTC P2761.
  • No MAF DTCs.
  • The engine speed is greater than 450 RPM for 5 seconds.
  • The engine is not in fuel cutoff.
  • The engine torque is 68-542 N·m (50-400 lb ft).
  • The engine vacuum is 0-105 kPa (0-15 psi).
  • The TP angle is 20-99 percent.
  • The vehicle speed is 48-131 km/h (30-82 mph).
  • The engine speed is 1,500-3,000 RPM.
  • The speed ratio is 0.69-0.88, speed ratio is engine speed divided by the transmission output speed.
  • The gear range is D4.
  • The commanded gear is not 1st gear.
  • The TFT is 20-150°C (68-302°F).
  • The shift solenoid performance diagnostic counters are zero.
Conditions for Setting the DTC

DTC P1870 sets if the following conditions occur for three TCC cycles.
  • The TCC is commanded ON for 5 seconds.
  • The TCC is at 40 percent duty cycle for 5 seconds.
  • The TCC slip speed is 130-800 RPM for 7 seconds.

• Important

The following actions may occur before the DTC sets.

If the TCC is commanded ON for 5 seconds, the TCC is at 40 percent duty cycle for 5 seconds, the TP angle is 20-99 percent and the transmission slip counter has incremented to either 1 or 2, out of 3 to increment the fail counter for the current ignition cycle, then the following slip conditions and actions may increment the fail counter for the current ignition cycle: These conditions must occur sequentially.
Condition 1
If the TCC slip speed is 130-800 RPM for 7 seconds, then the PCM will command maximum line pressure and freeze shift adapts from being updated.
Condition 2
If Condition 1 is met and the TCC slip speed is 130-800 RPM for 7 seconds, then the PCM will command the TCC Off for 1.5 seconds.
Condition 3
If Condition 2 is met and the TCC slip speed is 130-800 RPM for 7 seconds, then the fail counter on the current ignition cycle is incremented.
The above slip conditions and actions may be disregarded if the TCC is commanded OFF at any time as a result of a driving maneuver, sudden acceleration or deceleration.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• The PCM illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) during the second consecutive trip in which the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met.
  • The PCM commands maximum line pressure.
  • The PCM inhibits TCC engagement.
  • The PCM inhibits 4th gear if the transmission is in hot mode.
  • The PCM freezes transmission adapt functions.
  • The PCM records the operating conditions when the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met. The PCM stores this information as Freeze Frame and Failure Records.
  • The PCM stores DTC P0894 in PCM history during the second consecutive trip in which the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

• The PCM turns OFF the MIL during the third consecutive trip in which the diagnostic test runs and passes.
  • A scan tool can clear the MIL/DTC.
  • The PCM clears the DTC from PCM history if the vehicle completes 40 warm-up cycles without an emission-related diagnostic fault occurring.
  • The PCM cancels the DTC default actions when the ignition switch is OFF long enough in order to power down the PCM.
Diagnostic Aids

• Bronze material found in the transmission oil pan may indicate stator shaft bushing wear. If bushing wear is suspected, inspect the stator shaft and the input, turbine, shaft for damage.
  • Refer to Symptoms - Automatic Transmission for more information.

Junk is right.

While I was unable to find P0894 in my 04 FSM, in reading what he posted and considering your powertrain has been modified, you need to have the transmission looked at and limit use of the vehicle until you address the issue.

Thanks

Don't understand tech info, but got the message do not drive until checked out. Have appt at shop Tuesday. I'm perplexed the transmission seems to shift fine in normal driving and 3/4 throttle. During test driving I did 2 wot runs from 1-2-3 didn't have nerve to hold for 3-4 shift with no problems. Hopefully the shop can fine the cause of the code and correct the problem.

Thanks again I'll keep you posted.

Dyno tuned everything OK

dyno tune this morning. Torque converter, tansmission ok, all shifts good and no slippage. Code thrown because pressure set at 96 but max pressure allowed set at 90.

Thanks for the help.

Glad you got it figured out, Jim. Thanks for letting us know.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom