Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pulling Codes on a C5

Sharon, if you'd like, I can merge this into the Sticky Thread on Pulling Codes.
:)

-Patrick

Done.
:)

I found a code today that wasn't on that list, P0748H. What does this one mean?

This morning my check engine light came on, but it went off after three restarts, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, it was running perfectly.

Also, is there anywhere that explains what each code actually means? I also got codes P0351H (Ignition Control #1 circuit) and P1431H (Fuel Level Sensor 2 Circuit Performance) but have no idea what they mean.

I found a code today that wasn't on that list, P0748H. What does this one mean?
P0748 = Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Control Circuit failure (4l60-E transmission)
H = historical (not a current condition)

Have you installed a shift kit, or maybe used a handheld tuner to increase line pressure?

P0748 = Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Control Circuit failure (4l60-E transmission)
H = historical (not a current condition)

Have you installed a shift kit, or maybe used a handheld tuner to increase line pressure?

Shortly after I got the car in 2004 I had it dyno tuned with LS1edit, and he changed a lot of the transmission settings too. But the shift firmness setting is still in the stock setting.

INFO got my codes clear

after reading all this about codes I went and looked at all my codes there were no c codes (my abs traction lites were on) so I remembered about the fuses someone pulled and lo and behold I had a blown fuse for the abs problem solved. Thank you CAC. By the way it's for sale I live in Delaware Ohio cell# 702-487-2304 $17,000 64K mi

I am having this same issue, if it ever stops raining i will give it a try and see if your suggestions fix my problem as well. Now to get past the engine rattle at cold start-up.

The fob has nothing to do with engine starting. C6 is another story.

You should really start your own thread, rather than hijacking this one.

Many many thanks Patrick. I needed this today.

Great information, thank you! Picked up my first vette, a C5 last week and the Dealer had told me there was a check engine light that sometimes comes on. Thanks to this thread I was able to clear it.

Check Engine light is gone. Great resource!

:thumb

I have to make a copy of this as well. Sooner or later I am sure to get a code for something.

Thanks

I recently had to pull codes on my Z06. Never having done it before, and then interpreting the codes I got, it required going on a bit of a fishing expedition through the "Search Forum" section. This gave me an appreciation for how difficult it can be to track down how to get a code, and how to understand what it means, particularly for those who either haven't done it before, or who aren't familiar with the process in the C5 Generation Corvette.

So I'm posting this as a resource to anyone new to the C5, or unfamiliar with the process.

How to Pull Codes:
1. Turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the engine.
2. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button.
3. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. (This will get you into the "codes" section of the DIC.
4. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. (Have a pen and paper handy to write down the codes)

Note: Any code that ends in an "H" is a history code (something that has occurred in the past, but is not reporting as an error currently.)

5. Once the computer has finished going through all of its codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# Codes."
6. To optionally reset codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until is displays "NO CODES."
7. Press OPTIONS to go into the next module (ie, from PCM, or Powertrain Control Module, to TCS, or Traction Control System.)
8. Repeat Step 6 until you have reset all the codes in all the computer modules.

Note: Only reset the codes if you want to- it is not necessary to reset them every time you pull the codes.

9. When finished, simply take your key out of the ignition.

How to Interpret Codes
Now, once you've pulled the codes (it will usually be a letter followed by four numbers), you can go to THIS SITE to get an interpretation of what they mean.

:w
-Patrick
Patrick, Thank You for saving me lots of time using your post.... Thanks again Tony

Tony, I'm glad the CAC was able to help. And, welcome aboard!
:welcome

I pulled this code off my Corvette

B2284 H

A0-LDCM -Left Door Control Modulle-- B2284 Battery #2 Fault

what does this mean

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom