Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Q-Jet Question/78 vette

Corvette
78 white/red coupe
Hello there C3 partners,

A newbie here at this site........Got a few Q-jet pix I'd like to share with the readers with respect to a mysterious capped off port. I've been all over the Q-Jet and intake manifold and find no unclaimed vac lines etc. Would like to know what the port is/was used for and any thing that may shed some light on this mysterious capped off port.

antique78vette
View attachment 19609

View attachment 19610

View attachment 19611

View attachment 19612

First, Welcome to the :CAC
Be sure to stop in to the New Member Introduction section and say "Hi!"

As for your carb question, I'm looking through my service manual for the 1980. Should be the same carb. I'll let you know if I find anything. Otherwise, someone else will likely chime in here.

Checking in the manual showed it in the pics, but it wasn't labeled. Since GM used the same carb base for many different models of cars, they included a bunch of vacuum hookups for just about every conceivable connection that a car may need. If your car is operating as expected and you've got all your vacuum lines accounted for, that's likely a factory capped plug. :thumb

That's the port that SHOULD go to the distributer vacuum module.
Where's the hose from the distributer go to on the carb?

That's the port that SHOULD go to the distributer vacuum module.
Where's the hose from the distributer go to on the carb?
Correct. Ported Vacuum but the Vacuum Advance for the distributor functions better connected to full intake manifold vacuum. Ported Vacuum was for emissions.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom