Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question:How to open rear hatch

Racer86y

Corvette
84 2 tone silver
I bought 84 Vette for parts for mine but can not get hatch to open.I took pool stick and pushed what seams to be latch on inside but still will not open.Help;help

I bought 84 Vette for parts for mine but can not get hatch to open.I took pool stick and pushed what seams to be latch on inside but still will not open.Help;help
On my 88, there is a switch in the console and one on each door. I think the latch you were pushing on is for the roof storage.

I powered car up and latch release in middle did not work.I do not know history of car and i want to part it out to get some of my thou back.Wires are cut in engine compartment so powering it up all the way,i am not sure.Surely if you had a dead battery there would be a way to get in trunk area?

I powered car up and latch release in middle did not work.I do not know history of car and i want to part it out to get some of my thou back.Wires are cut in engine compartment so powering it up all the way,i am not sure.Surely if you had a dead battery there would be a way to get in trunk area.

The latch release will not work if the ignition key is on.

There is a pull cable tucked under the trim piece right under the shade pull. Feel around for the pull cable and pull straight out:thumb

There is a pull cable tucked under the trim piece right under the shade pull. Feel around for the pull cable and pull straight out:thumb
I made a small handle, with short cable, that attaches to this for an E-release.

Sounds great,once i figure out where shade pull is.I am very new at this.Thanks

where shade pull is.
We were all new, once.

The privacy shade sits most aft, above the cargo compartment(if it's still in there); just under the hatch release, all under the rear surround covering trim piece. Its handle is centered and by feeling around you should find the release cable you seek.

might be under the carpet panel as well

My cable sticks out on the passenger side of the hatch hold down part. Its a silver cable. I had to use needle nose pliers as that piece wasn't real long to get ahold of with your fingers.

Hatchback release

I have tried the Manuel cable and still no release I hear the bottom and the two on the doors try but still can't release the back hatch. What next, any ideas. I am trying to sell this car and it is the only issue it has.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom