Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Quick muffler/exhaust tip questions

Here are the more pictures that I promissed awhile ago. The last picture really is a good shot of how the tips look and how the 40's fit. It also shows what kind of road clearance you can get if you have the pipes done custom.

Kyle, I know I wasn't satisified with my sound until I ditched my cats and standard mufflers altogether. The closest thing I've heard (that I can recall) that I liked with mufflers is 81kix car. I'll have to PM her and see what she has. I think she's running no cats with mufflers.

Evolution1980 said:
Kyle, I know I wasn't satisified with my sound until I ditched my cats and standard mufflers altogether. The closest thing I've heard (that I can recall) that I liked with mufflers is 81kix car. I'll have to PM her and see what she has. I think she's running no cats with mufflers.

Surprise, :D I have no cats or mufflers just straight pipes and Classic Tag.

81kix said:
Surprise, :D I have no cats or mufflers just straight pipes and Classic Tag.
I thought you said you had mufflers??? Ok, maybe just the stock manifolds under the hood. So what, you have your oem manifolds and then what? straight pipes back and then into turn-downs at the rear? I thought for sure you had something back there...
If not, then that would explain why I was surprised by the sound! :L

Chambered is the only way. Will never go back to mufflers. If you dont want to dump the money into sidepipes but want the sound ditch the mufflers

Evolution1980 said:
I thought you said you had mufflers??? Ok, maybe just the stock manifolds under the hood. So what, you have your oem manifolds and then what? straight pipes back and then into turn-downs at the rear? I thought for sure you had something back there...
If not, then that would explain why I was surprised by the sound! :L

Andre, sorry to bust your bubble :rotfl but I have street pipes at the end sticking out, does that help? :D

Ya so I took the mufflers off my vette and started it up just to see what you guys were talking about. Sounds amazing! Thats the sound I was looking for, so tomorrow im gonna run over to a muffler shop and have them bend some pipe to replace the mufflers. Then after I go for emissions, im gonna go back and get some test pipe made to replace the cat and it will sound even better. Thanks everybody!

No cats does make a nice difference. Mine is true duels no cats and sounds awesome!

MusclesWit350 said:
Ya so I took the mufflers off my vette and started it up just to see what you guys were talking about. Sounds amazing!
Pretty much as I expected. :D
:upthumbs
You might notice a slight drop in low end torque, but you might also notice a little more power up top.

So I took my Vette to a shop and had them fab me up some pipes to run to the rear and a test pipe to remove the cat. Sounds amazing! Thats the sound I want! Straight pipe! Also on the way home today I raced a new WRX from a roll and he pulled right ahead at first but then as we got up to speed I just pulled him in until I was upfront lol... Which I think is pretty amazing since WRXs are good for about a 14.2 1/4 and my vette has minor mods...

Thanks everybody!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom