Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radiator hose change

crause

Corvette
75 Convertible-steel blue / 2000 lt. pewter conv.
I am about to change both of my radiator hoses on my 2000 with 14k. The top hose looks very easy. I can not see the radiator end of the lower one. How is this accessed? If I take off both of the hoses, can I assume that most of the fluid will drain out? I need to know so when I figure the replacement mixture it will be correct.

Wow! I have 96K on mine and have not changed the hoses yet! I guess it's time. I did change the water pump though and had to remove the lower hose and it was easy. You do have to drain the radiator though. After jacking the car way up draing and getting to the hose is easy. Not as easy as my 62 impala, no jacking, just push the bucket under drain and replace the hose.

Not for nothing but......I have 161K on my 2000 Blazer and three places have already refused to take my $ to change the orig hoses and clamps! I figure at 165K I will force someone to take my $$$ lol

Not for nothing but......I have 161K on my 2000 Blazer and three places have already refused to take my $ to change the orig hoses and clamps! I figure at 165K I will force someone to take my $$$ lol

:boogieWrap them with duck tape, they will be good for another 25k at least:boogie

:joke

come on duct tape is soooo old school lol Gorilla tape is the bomb !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom