Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

radiator

roger longman

Corvette
1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race
Hio all, am getting a replacement aluminium radiator for my '91. I guess it's the same as for my '88. Could anyone confirm this ?.., as the manufacturerer states it's for models, up to 1989 only ?..Roger.

Last edited:
Hio all, am getting a replacement aluminium radiator for my '91. I guess it's the same as for my '88. Could anyone confirm this ?.., as the manufacturerer states it's for models, up to 1989 only ?..Roger.

Can anyone help me out on this ? I need to order it tomorrow......Roger.

Roger, if the manufacturer says 'it's for models, up to 1989 only'..why do you think its the same as the one in your 88 and would work for a '91?? Maybe I am reading this wrong.....

Hi Otter, from the picture ,I have seen, it appears that the difference is, the '88 has a radiator cap, the '91 doesn't. I dont have the 'animal' with me at the moment but, if this is the only difference, does it matter, as the rest of the 'under hood equipment', seems the same ?....Roger.

Hi Otter, from the picture ,I have seen, it appears that the difference is, the '88 has a radiator cap, the '91 doesn't. I dont have the 'animal' with me at the moment but, if this is the only difference, does it matter, as the rest of the 'under hood equipment', seems the same ?....Roger.

Gotcha, I see where you're coming from now. Good luck.

88 and 91 radiators do not interchange. The cooling stacks are quite different.

Thanks Hib, very much appreciated. I see someone on EBay advertising one for 1984-1996 Vettes. How are they managing this, are the external dimensions different ?....Roger.

I did a search for each yr on Amazon , came up with two diff radiators. The 88 has a fill neck , looks as though the 91 does not.
looked up my 90 and it shows one with a fill neck,which don't seem right to me cause there is a tank on the firewall with a fill cap.

Thanks Hib, very much appreciated. I see someone on EBay advertising one for 1984-1996 Vettes. How are they managing this, are the external dimensions different ?....Roger.

I do not buy radiators off eBay. Having never seen the products, I can't answer the question.
Sorry.

The caveat for earlier models is: That they are those manufactured for high altitude. I didn't know this option existed for the Corvette.....Roger.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom