Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio NEW OR REPAIR?

Corvette
1981Dark Blue Metallic & 2004 conv. magnetic red
I took my Vette to the doctor because I could not find where or why my battery would go dead constantly. He found that the source of the problem was in the clock portion of the radio, it was disconnected and this drain problem has disappeared. His cost for finding the problem was a case of Budweiser, pretty cheap but the question is what to do next.

The Vette is a driver, so any reccomendations for putting a new radio in her or where to have the old one repaired if I choose to?

I would appreciate your input.

Chuck

generally speaking with today's electronics, unless it is under warranty, you shouldn't even bother. the replacement cost (new radio) is probably about the same or perhaps even less than the repair. from your description (clock in the radio), i am assuming it is a replacement radio anyway, not an original. if it is the original radio, and you want to retain originality with your interior, then cost is usually not a consideration. hemmings motor news always has loads of ads for radio restoration and even electronic upgrade using modern technology in the original housing using everything to make it look original on the outside, but modern circuitry on the inside.

I have the owners manual that came with the Vette and it appears that it is the radio that came with the car. I will probably replace the radio but will keep the original just in case the next owner has the want and funds to do a restoration.

Chuck

I've seen one of these in a 'cuda

http://www.radiosforoldcars.com/indexF.htm

Very cool stuff. Personally I stick with the crappy stock radio in mine, the horrible sound of the original radio adds something to the whole experience (I don't know what).

I have the owners manual that came with the Vette and it appears that it is the radio that came with the car. I will probably replace the radio but will keep the original just in case the next owner has the want and funds to do a restoration.

Chuck
Your doing it right Chuck.New and then keep the old on a shelf someplace.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom