Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio relay

klyons

Corvette
1988 Bright Red
I know I've asked before but does anyone know where the radio relay is located on the 88 Coupe and what do I have to remove to replace it. What happens is when I turn the radio on it delays a while before coming on.

There is no radio "relay". There is a speaker relay under the dash on the pass side next to the tunnel.

Ken Anderson said:
There is no radio "relay". There is a speaker relay under the dash on the pass side next to the tunnel.
Thanks Ken
Will this correct the delay problem.

klyons said:
I know I've asked before but does anyone know where the radio relay is located on the 88 Coupe and what do I have to remove to replace it. What happens is when I turn the radio on it delays a while before coming on.
Do you have the Bose system? If so, it sounds like the amps are starting to show their age. Each speaker is individually amplified, you know. And after awhile the capacitors on the amp boards start losing their zing.

tyrel said:
Do you have the Bose system? If so, it sounds like the amps are starting to show their age. Each speaker is individually amplified, you know. And after awhile the capacitors on the amp boards start losing their zing.
Thanks tyrel Yeh I have the BOSE System and do probably need to have at least the rear speakers done.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom