Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rare, Rare, Rare-Callaway B2K Turbo 4 sale>win>

*89x2*

interesting car... CORVETTE '88 -- Twin Turbo Callaway Cpe. 40th Anniv. Edit., 1 of 3 built. 23,000 mi., $34,995 or possible partial trade for '55-'57 Chevrolet or '63-'67 Corvette. 1-800-691-2667
Listing Date: June 6, 2002
Listing Source: Detroit News and Detroit Free Press

Pass it along :beer

40th Anniv. edition.....'88?? :eyerole :eyerole :eyerole

how did you find that car?

hey man, what search engine were you using to pull that ad? or were you going from paper to paper?

Sounds like a keeper

Actually, seven 1988 TT were built. four manual and three automatics.

I wonder which tranny this car has in it?
I guess it time to call.

Stan

Made the Call!

The gentlemen who owners the car is third in line. The asking price is $39,995. It is a fair price in this market. It is one of the three automatic trannys made.

Hope he can find a buyer..........

Stan

Did all of the Callaway TT cars come with a Dana 44? Seems like a Dana 36 would be hard pressed to handle all that torque with an auto trans.
FWIW,if I ever owned a TT,an auto would be the way to go for me. Just stab and steer it!:t
Clint Hooper
LT5 Registry

Callaway rear axles

The word is that all converted automatic transmissions (700R to Turbo 400) retained the Dana 36 setup. I agree with you Clint about long term reliability. To prove this out, 5 of the original 7 cars that were converted evently had some sort of failures. Reason was "heavy foot"! As to how many rear axle failures directly, I do not think anyone knows for sure. The two original conversion that did not fail were not driven at all. They the 40th Anniversary cars owned by one individual. At this time the car have been sold and status for the most part is unknown.

There were conversions done after the 1988 production year. These cars and their numbers is unknown according to Callaway personnel. I know of two 1987 cars and two 1990 cars.

Market values on cars with the automatics have a deductible dollar amount when a trade and purchase is done by a knowledgeable dealer. Somewhere between $2,000 to $4,000.

Personally, the automatic will produce faster accelerating times with the stock Callaway cars. Unfortuntely, they do not hold up under this kind of stress. They can be built to handle it but it will take big bucks especially the after-market Callaways.

Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom