Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Re-covering 81 Seats

Craig,

I emailed Anthonys Upholstery several days ago to inquire about pricing and some other details, so far no answer. (maybe I should have called)I got tired of waiting and ordered my covers from Ecklers yesterday. They gave me a very good price. I found the leather-like covers on a website called Davies in New Port Ritchie, FL http://www.corvetteparts.com where they were listed for $169.99. Ecklers sold them to me for $167.95. I found one local guy who will put them on for $100. Maybe I should keep looking, there could be one of those $50 guys out there. How do you steam the foam?

Seats

Con'grats Dale. You won't be sorry getting the new seats, nothing worse than looking at a classic car with rips in the seats.
As for steaming the foam, believe it or not, I used a hand held travel iron. Worked pretty good, but my foam wasn't all that bad.
One tip for you though, before you send the seats off for covering, paint the seat backs now, before installation.
Good Luck and happy cruising.

Craig's right. I wish I'd done that when mine were out. However, once you've gotten them in-out once it's not that bad.

............. Nut

Dale

I was talking with a corvette friend from the Ithaca NY area and he mentioned a company Legendary Auto Interiors in Newark NY, I understand that they mostly do molded carpets and some other restoration work. Waiting for thier catalog to see if they do special seat covers, just letting you know that they might be of help to both of us. I will pass along the info when it arrives.

Chuck

They do have a web page!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom