Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Real quarter mile performance...

KorvetteKen

Corvette
2007 Z-51 Red Coupe
I've had my 07 Z-51 auto for about a year now and have run it down the quarter several times. I am not getting numbers anywhere near the magazine times. My car runs like a bracket car 13.80-13.85 everytime. Manual shift or leave it in drive no differance. I leave at just above idle.
Any tricks or is this typical for a bone stocker?

:confused

Ken,
I don't have an answer for your question, but I see this is your first post here, so I wanted to take a moment and welcome you to the :CAC

Fear not, though: I'm sure someone who does have an answer will be along shortly.

:w
-Patrick

What's the altitude there?
What axle ratio is in your 07?
How many miles are on the vehicle?
Why aren't you "brake torquing" the car before you leave?

An automatic car is probably not as quick as a six-speed manual.

:welcome KorvetteKen!

I made around 20 passes this last summer, with my '08 6-speed, at the local drag strip. My best was 12.99 @ 115mph. I know there is at least another 0.5 seconds to be had, maybe more. My average was around 13.1 @ 114mph though. While I was at the track, I met a guy who also owned an '08 C6, only his was an auto. He was running 12.5 @ 114mph every time I saw him. He said his best run was around 12.3 @ 115mph.

I know, LS2 vs LS3, not as much HP or torque, but I'd expect a stock LS2 is capible of high 12 seconds.

:thumb Jason

What's the altitude there?
What axle ratio is in your 07?
How many miles are on the vehicle?
Why aren't you "brake torquing" the car before you leave?

An automatic car is probably not as quick as a six-speed manual.

No issue with altitude in Oklahoma.
Two nights I've raced I had good air and cool temps.
7500 miles
The car leaves harder without torqueing against the tranny due to some "flash" in the converter.

The car definitely could use some more gear since it's still in third through the traps. But I have to say I love the mileage!

Regards,
Ken

No issue with altitude in Oklahoma.
Two nights I've raced I had good air and cool temps.
7500 miles
The car leaves harder without torqueing against the tranny due to some "flash" in the converter.

The car definitely could use some more gear since it's still in third through the traps. But I have to say I love the mileage!

Regards,
Ken

Hi Ken - I am not a mechanic so it probebly won't mean anything to me but could you tell us what you mean by "flash" in the converter?:thumb

Hi Ken - I am not a mechanic so it probebly won't mean anything to me but could you tell us what you mean by "flash" in the converter?:thumb

It generally refers to a slight increase in rpm before the converter engages. Most noticable in nailing the throttle off idle.

ken , you might want to go to the drag times site where you can get what is called a corrected time that would help you compare against cars at other strips . you might not be alot above sea level btu there are a few other factor that could correct your times almost a second . one of my examples .i race at famoso which is 500ft above sea level . the actual time was 12.10 the corrected time was 11.66. i dont know how to do the link thingt sorry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom