Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear End Fluid Change

Pageing Vettnuts and all other passionate C4 owners

Ok, I am a meticulous, fussy, picky Vette Nut! I appreciate the best toys, and nothing but the best for them. Is replacing the rear end fluid annually overkill?:confused: Opinions welcomed.

This ain't no Honda. :r

Barbie

Unless you are putting on an incredible amount of miles or the car is run very hard, I think it is un-necessary.

Opinion

Change rear end lube?

In my opinion a frequent change of rear end lube is not necessary unless you are experiencing problems. It's up to the individual, but look at how many cars go for years and mucho miles without ever changing the lube. It is important to have fluid levels checked, but unless you see leakage or oil being sprayed by front yoke you are probably not losing any. I would say 40k - 50k miles would be a good time to change rear end lube along with your automatic transmission fluid and filter. Of course, special applications such as racing or environmental conditions need to be considered as well. Normally, you shouldn't have to worry.

Ms Kiss, I doesn't hurt. Do what you feel is best.

Tim
:D

Annual Fluid Change

Barbie,

I agree, the annual change is wicked over kill. 30,000 to 50,000 miles is plenty often enough. The recomended fluid is high quality and unless comtaminated stands up extremely well.

Dale :w

Thanks Gents!

Responses were very appreciated. I am feeling lucky and I am going to try the plug kit. It's on order, and my car is in for 4 more weeks of body and paint work. And I will further update if this works or turns out to be a mistake. :eek:

Thanks again.
Barbie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom