Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear End

84X-Fire

Has anybody out there in vetteland ever known the rear independent suspension to have any problems? its just something that i've heard so any help would be nice thanks.

84X-Fire said:
...its just something that i've heard so any help would be nice thanks.

What exactly have you heard, X-Fire? :confused

The main problem with the mid year and C-3 rear diffs is the grease gets old and the clutches tend to stick, other then that, they seem to be pretty good. Now, the u-joints are a differant story. Due to the constant use and differing angles the u-joints seem to take a pretty good beating. The next thing would be the wheel bearings themselves, they rareley last much over 100K miles(I'm talking C-3 here, although I have replaced rear wheel bearings on C-3's and C-4's) The differintial seems to be as good as any other differitial, depending on maintenace and abuse, of course......Steve

84X-Fire, welcome to the CAC
Is your vette having problems? Personally, (I'm sure there has been, but...) I've never known anyone to have rear end problems with a stock C4. I have seen a few cracked ring and pinions from modified motors and transmissions though......(all Dana 36's too)

Jay

The only problem I know of is that a Mustang can't even come close to you in the corners. Then again, they don't come close on the straights either. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom