Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rearview Mirror Glass Replacement

Chris Kennedy

Hi!

I noticed in the ZIP Products catalog that they sell the rearview mirror glass for my '89. The glass on my mirror is a bit scuzzy, so I was thinking of replacing it, but before I start in with it I was wondering if anyone had done this and knew how to remove the existing glass and install the replacement (the procedure isn't described in the service manual)?

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Hi!

I noticed in the ZIP Products catalog that they sell the rearview mirror glass for my '89. The glass on my mirror is a bit scuzzy, so I was thinking of replacing it, but before I start in with it I was wondering if anyone had done this and knew how to remove the existing glass and install the replacement (the procedure isn't described in the service manual)?

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

I will be watching this thread as Im going to do this very thing to my '73....the glass is about $10 a mirror is about $80.....nothing wrong with my mirror other than the glass.
For mine it looks like just peeling back the outer rubber a bit and inserting new glass....i cant say much about a C4 as Im not familiar with the mirror in it.
Good Luck
Chas

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom