Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reasonably priced cabinets?

Corvette
1968 silver coupe ,1954 packard
Im shopping around for some cabinets that are reasonably priced .The best I can come up with are the Mills Pride at Home Dept.Yeah,Yeah,yeah,I know there cheap but Im having to buy 4 bays worth along with alot of other shop equipment and office equipment.They wont be seeing alot of abuse,just normal storage .Anyone know of anymore that wont break the bank.:w

Maybe seconds or displays from Lowes or Home Depot. Too bad the clerks never call when they`re ready to toss `em. I`ve given my phone number to so many of those clerks. It`s the rare one that calls. What about a manufacturer, they`re always getting damaged. I know, I own apartments, and they`re usually damaged when I pick them up. But I take `em anyways because most tenants are animals. Try an ad in the trader, maybe an employee has a back door connection.... For the damaged ones:bang

Lowe's. I found 24" wall cabinets by rubbermaid. They are made of particle board, pretty good quality overall, and come KD (knocked down...you have to assemble). I have 17 of 'em in my garage. They are only $30 a piece. I believe you will be satisfied.

wx briefer said:
Lowe's. I found 24" wall cabinets by rubbermaid. They are made of particle board, pretty good quality overall, and come KD (knocked down...you have to assemble). I have 17 of 'em in my garage. They are only $30 a piece. I believe you will be satisfied.

I'm looking for some also, can you post a picture of them ?

andrewcanada said:
Maybe seconds or displays from Lowes or Home Depot. Too bad the clerks never call when they`re ready to toss `em. I`ve given my phone number to so many of those clerks. It`s the rare one that calls. What about a manufacturer, they`re always getting damaged. I know, I own apartments, and they`re usually damaged when I pick them up. But I take `em anyways because most tenants are animals. Try an ad in the trader, maybe an employee has a back door connection.... For the damaged ones:bang

Bingo! This is how I got all of mine. Heck, the cherry cabinets in my garage are nicer than the ones in my kitchen. Ticket price on the entire kitchen set was well over $1k - I pain $125.00:upthumbs. Then I paid $20 a pop for two additional two foot units that weren't matched.

Good Luck on you hunt!

I'm looking for some also, can you post a picture of them ?
I looked at those also but since they were bare particle board they looked like they would get greasy and dirty quick.The Mills Pride cabinets are laminated and about the same price if not less.You can see them at www.millspride.com They have an awsome website.You can virtually build your own unit .:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom