Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reciever or remote?

Tigershark_11

Corvette
2000 pewter convertable 6m
How can I tell if my FOB reciever is bad? If I go to the dealer what would the cost be to see what unit is bad? 2000 vette FOB worked last year now it doesnt anymore. I think its the remote but I dont want to buy a new one if it is the reciever module. Changed the battey on the FOB no luck. If i hold the lock and unlock down it resets it self then loses singnal 30 sec later. ;shrug

I have the same problem with my 99 I was told that the receiver is most likely going south, I have to add that it happen's on #2 fob # 1 works all the time. I was positive it was the fob but the info from the dealership still said that's the way the receiver will act when it starts to go bad. ;shrug

If it was the receiver wouldnt you also see it on FOB#1? That doesnt make sense, maybe the dealer wants you to buy the most expensive part to fix the issue from what it sounds like. Does anyone know where the receiver is located so if I go to the dealer and they tell me its that I can replace it myself. I only have one FOB so I cant say one works and the other doesnt so im stuck with locking and unlocking my door manually like the stone age. :bash

Take the fob to a Chevy dealer. They have (should have) a little unit that can tell if the fob is transmitting anything at all when the buttons are pressed. They showed me a good fob that lit the light when a key was pressed, mine was dead, no lights lit. It doesn't tell you if what is being sent is correct, just that it does transmit.

HTH

Thanks guys. Im going to try fixing the FOB first and then go from there. Nice catch on the leads lifting off the circuit. I hope mine has the same issue, we will see tonight so ill keep you posted if it works. :beer

I opened up my FOB and the chip had two leads unsoldered. I was able to solder them back down and I held down the lock and unlock buttons until the FOB was reconized. It did work for a min or two but then I tried it again and no responce. before it would only last 10sec so it was better but still not fixed. Do I need to program the FOB again and not just hold down the lock/unlock to have it reconize the FOB? Thanks for your help. If this doesnt work its off to the dealer. :puke

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom