Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Red 2002 Z06

Corvette
2001 MilleniumYellow Rag Top
Hi Gang, I took a ride down to the Lake of the Ozarks the other day looking for a Red 2002 Z06, and some guy from Colorado beat me to it. They said something about it being involved in some drug runs up from the southwest and I probably wouldn't care for the aroma it emitted from the exhaust. They said they stuck it to the guy that bought it. Any one know anything about this?????
moz-screenshot.png

moz-screenshot-1.png

Hey Scott, I think that I have seen that guy somewhere, maybe seen his picture at the post office?! :D

Someone from Colorado beat you to it - man that's a bummer, but the Z06 was not yellow, so you wouldn't buy it. I suppose that you think that it was me since I am from Colorado, my corvettes are red, and that I have room in my garage for a third corvette. Well there is no room left in my garage since a 2002 Torch Red corvette Z06 is sitting there. I picked it up last Monday in the Lake of the Ozarks, some coincidence isn't it. Had to be careful tho as I went into the post office to remove my pictures from the displays. My brother turned me in (Birdman18) so we could use the reward to purchase the car. Then I used it for my get-away.
I intended to add it to my avatar and list it underneath to see if anyone noticed as I did with my 08 (only Tom noticed, but did not comment), but you have effectively short circuited my plans. Will add it to my avatar once all of them are out of storage in late May. Anyway, it is a great car, but I have to say that it was not the greatest experience for purchasing it. I e-mailed them I was coming, but the owner was not in due to illiness of his baby daughter and the business manager went home sick with a strep throat. So the car was not ready, the interior was filthy (I cleaned it up Wednesday), but the exterior was clean enough so I could examine it. One key and fob, and they had the auto lock set on the DIC. The Z06 was running and the trunk would not pop open, so they shut the driver's door. Trunk opened, but the car locked,(idiots)! They had to crawl in the trunk to reach the fob to open it again. Thankfully the C5 Z06 is open from the trunk to the cockpit. I immediately set the auto lock to off. Car ran perfectly on the way home. Currently installing the CLB from Corvettes Of Houston, and I removed the Hurst short throw shift knob (white ball) and replaced it with the stock knob that I prefer. Never did like the Hurst set up with their knobs, but the short - throw is very good.
Now Scottie, you don't suppose that you were giving me a line about being in the Ozarks last week-end do you? They were closed on Sat/Sunday, so I suppose that my brother put you up to this in a PM. Come on, confess.
And Tom, how did you put two and two together so quick? My brother again?
Anyway, my wife okayed the purchase (she says no more corvettes unless I get rid of the three we now have and just get one). But as she also said, we now have three beautiful corvettes that are stored 6 months of the year, under covers, so we can't even look at them. Haven't decided which one to bring to CF in Effingham, sort of leaning toward the 08 convertible, but who knows? The one I love best is the one I am driving. You both remember Dan Samento, police officer from Canon City (CF 07) who has three black corvettes, C5 convertible, C5 coupe, and C6 Z06. He told me to rotate them for driving pleasure as he does, so I am going to have some fun with them. Man, I wish the snow would melt and the muddy road would dry up.
Barrett

Remember, Barrett, I'm a teacher....I'm supposed to put two and two together (which I did). Congrats on the "new ride". Apparently you got a good deal on it. I had no idea that you were even looking for another.

Someone from Colorado beat you to it - man that's a bummer, but the Z06 was not yellow, so you wouldn't buy it. I suppose that you think that it was me since I am from Colorado, my corvettes are red, and that I have room in my garage for a third corvette. Well there is no room left in my garage since a 2002 Torch Red corvette Z06 is sitting there. I picked it up last Monday in the Lake of the Ozarks, some coincidence isn't it. Had to be careful tho as I went into the post office to remove my pictures from the displays. My brother turned me in (Birdman18) so we could use the reward to purchase the car. Then I used it for my get-away.
I intended to add it to my avatar and list it underneath to see if anyone noticed as I did with my 08 (only Tom noticed, but did not comment), but you have effectively short circuited my plans. Will add it to my avatar once all of them are out of storage in late May. Anyway, it is a great car, but I have to say that it was not the greatest experience for purchasing it. I e-mailed them I was coming, but the owner was not in due to illiness of his baby daughter and the business manager went home sick with a strep throat. So the car was not ready, the interior was filthy (I cleaned it up Wednesday), but the exterior was clean enough so I could examine it. One key and fob, and they had the auto lock set on the DIC. The Z06 was running and the trunk would not pop open, so they shut the driver's door. Trunk opened, but the car locked,(idiots)! They had to crawl in the trunk to reach the fob to open it again. Thankfully the C5 Z06 is open from the trunk to the cockpit. I immediately set the auto lock to off. Car ran perfectly on the way home. Currently installing the CLB from Corvettes Of Houston, and I removed the Hurst short throw shift knob (white ball) and replaced it with the stock knob that I prefer. Never did like the Hurst set up with their knobs, but the short - throw is very good.
Now Scottie, you don't suppose that you were giving me a line about being in the Ozarks last week-end do you? They were closed on Sat/Sunday, so I suppose that my brother put you up to this in a PM. Come on, confess.
And Tom, how did you put two and two together so quick? My brother again?
Anyway, my wife okayed the purchase (she says no more corvettes unless I get rid of the three we now have and just get one). But as she also said, we now have three beautiful corvettes that are stored 6 months of the year, under covers, so we can't even look at them. Haven't decided which one to bring to CF in Effingham, sort of leaning toward the 08 convertible, but who knows? The one I love best is the one I am driving. You both remember Dan Samento, police officer from Canon City (CF 07) who has three black corvettes, C5 convertible, C5 coupe, and C6 Z06. He told me to rotate them for driving pleasure as he does, so I am going to have some fun with them. Man, I wish the snow would melt and the muddy road would dry up.
Barrett

:wBarrett, now do you think I would just fabricate a story as I was a Shakespearin Scholar? :confused Don't answer that. I am waiting to see photos of your new addition, and I hope you drive it to Effingham this year I think I am going to try it again, just don't bring the rain like you did last year! How does it feel to drive a Z06 compared to your other vettes? Remember big brother is watching you, I said bigger not older!:D:thumb

SC:WTT

Tom and Scott,
Both of you are conspiring on this, aren't you, with my brother prodding you on. It took me 2 years to find the 08 and another 9 months to find the Z06. I really wanted the C5 Z06 instead of the C6 version. Drove a C6 Z06 at Spring Mountain in 08 and frankly did not see the need for one. The C5 Z06 has less horsepower than the 08 convertible (405 vs 430), but more than the 02 coupe (350), and each drives differently. I purposely wanted the C5 Z06 to match the 2002 Coupe, but an 03 or 04 would also been good. Yes the price was right, and thanks for the kudos. Still think Scottie is making all of this up. Surprised that LT4Man is not in on this.
Barrett

No conspiracy here, this is the first I've heard or seen, now I can't vouch for Scottie.:D

A third Vette?!? Congrats Barrett! So which one are you bringing to Effingham and CF09?

:wJane Ann

Thanks Jane Ann, yes a third vette is a necessity to my way of thinking. One can never have too many Corvettes. I am very fortunate that my wife okayed the purchase. I figure that as I get older and older, my time in Corvettes is getting shorter and shorter, so why not have three? I had two (both 1966s, 427s) when I met my wife in 1969, so I've only added one.
As for Effingahm, I have an additional choice now. Took the 02 coupe to non CF at BG last year, so I am leaning toward the 08 convertible, but one never knows what Corvette I will bring. Depends on interior space as my brother will be with me (birdman 18). The coupe has the most interior space, Z06 second and convertible third. Hope to see you there and finally get to see Cinammon girl.
Barrett

Whats going on here!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, happy for you Barrett, get us some pics soon.....................Billy

Well, happy for you Barrett, get us some pics soon.....................Billy

Z06 is in the garage, hopefully the snow will melt and I will be able to snap some photos. My problem is that I have never been able to post a picture, even with all of the great advice and help from some CACers. For some reason, they just don't post.
Barrett

Thanks Jane Ann.....As for Effingahm..... Hope to see you there and finally get to see Cinammon girl.
Barrett
Lookin' forward to it. :thumb

Z06 is in the garage, hopefully the snow will melt and I will be able to snap some photos. My problem is that I have never been able to post a picture, even with all of the great advice and help from some CACers. For some reason, they just don't post.
Barrett

Send me a PM when you're ready to post pix and if necessary, you can send them to me and I'll post them for you.

We'll git-r-done!

I had a red z06 and I loved that car. I miss that car. I think it was more fun to drive as it really was more of a race car like driving experience than my new 08 C6 z51 which is I am sure a better car....

Just not as much fun.

I'd say the speed and handling are equal...but the C5Z was just a more raw like experience..

Good luck in your quest to find one..

really a great car and nothing like a red vette! (personal opinion of course)

JB

Be on the Lookout For

birdman18-albums-if-you-like-red-picture2625t-barretts-2002-z06.jpg
This vehicle was recently seen heading west from Missouri. Will it ever be seen again?

Lookin' forward to it. :thumb

Send me a PM when you're ready to post pix and if necessary, you can send them to me and I'll post them for you.

We'll git-r-done!

Thanks Jane Ann
You've done that for me in the past with the CF photos in Colorado Springs. Maybe someday I will be able to post photos. Most likely time slot is late May 2010.
Barrett

I had a red z06 and I loved that car. I miss that car. I think it was more fun to drive as it really was more of a race car like driving experience than my new 08 C6 z51 which is I am sure a better car....

Just not as much fun.

I'd say the speed and handling are equal...but the C5Z was just a more raw like experience..

Good luck in your quest to find one..

really a great car and nothing like a red vette! (personal opinion of course)

JB

Thanks for the good luck wishes. If you re-read Scottie's original post, you will note that I did purchase the red Z06 last weekend. Driving it home from Mo to Co was fun. But then driving my 02 coupe and 08 convertibles are fun too. I agree, there is nothing like driving a red corvette unless its driving three of them (not at the same tho).
Barrett

birdman18-albums-if-you-like-red-picture2625t-barretts-2002-z06.jpg
This vehicle was recently seen heading west from Missouri. Will it ever be seen again?

Biff, strangely enough, it looks just like the Z06 in my garage. Do you have one parked outside your garage? Some coincidence, huh?
Barrett

Barrett, you could also send them to me and I would post them for you as well.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom