Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

redoing my c4 hood*air vents*reduce air temperatures*

Your welcome Go Vette. Please post photos of it when it is completed. I would be very interested to see photos of under the hood. Good luck on it.

Paul

Paul and everyone else Thank you for your constructive remarks.
Currently I ran into a few problems.
My Ford Escape Hybrid required an electric battery $8500.00 not covered by warranty.
My Mercedes Benz in an accident.
My father had a stroke and lost his peripheral view and is begging me to settle down.
time constraints.
Therefore I am gonna suspend the Vette project for now, and focus on priorities of order.

I will return and complete the hood, the digital dash, the carbon fiber componenets, the racing IMSA spoiler, TURBOs and the louvers that can close and open and fat flared fenders w/ functional equipment.
In addition, I will get back to my paintings also. I promised a few members paintings of their cars. I will do em, as I get the mentioned things under control.
thanks for all, and once more
You acn only find it on www.corvetteactioncenter.com

Go Vette, I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. I will pray for him on my daily prayer walks. I pray that he will get well.

It seems like you have your plate full.

I think you are doing the right thing by putting the mod off until things are better. Perhaps you will even improve on your idea in the interim.

God bless.

Paul

TO BOLDLY GO...
SOMEONE HAD TO EAT THE FIRST OSYTER..
IM SURE HIS BUDDIES GAVE HIM A HARD TIME ABOUT THAT ONE....
I STILL DONT SEE THE LOGIC IN HAVING THEM CLOSED ...FOR ANY REASON..
BUT MAYBE THAT AN L.A. THANG

It certainly looks different and has a logical purpose...some will like some wont...all depends on just how modified one likes their vette.
I recall one company sold a kit that installed in the wheelwells that utilised up to 3 electric fans to pull the air from the headers.

The only input, which is quite constructive, is that he develop some manners and not post sarcastic and mean-spirited comments. That's all. I hope it goes well for him and I hope he posts some results and I hope his results are good.

His comments:

Hey blackbart, did you figure it out on your own that the design is made for heat to escape, or did you read the title?

I guess the medicine for jealousitus affected someone else. ;LOL

Now, if that isn't rude I do not know what is.
My own constructive advice for you is that sarcasm provides levity and not everyone is trying to be an uptite authority figure imposing their personal uptite morality on everyone else .....
And you should seek a surgeon to remove your stick!
How's THAT for sarcasm BUBBA? :chuckle

THIS IS ANOTHER CHAPTER IN AN AGE OLD CONVERSATION...
SUMMED UP THIS WAY...
ANYBODY CAN RESTORE A CLASSIC
IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT ONE UP

I STILL DONT SEE THE LOGIC IN HAVING THEM CLOSED ...FOR ANY REASON.....

Think about it for a moment. Once the hot (and possibly oil fumed engine compartment) air exits out the vents, it is blown backward by the car forward motion. Once it hits the windshield, it creates a high pressure area, and while most of it will roll up the windshield, a portion of the hot, smelly air will enter the cowl air intake that feeds the passenger compartment. This isn't fun, nor particulary beneficial for efficient a/c operation. On a track, the open vents will help relieve the underhood temp and pressure, and ought to be tolerable for short stints with the window open.

Interesting; hash stripes on the right.

Paul and everyone else Thank you for your constructive remarks.
Currently I ran into a few problems.
My Ford Escape Hybrid required an electric battery $8500.00 not covered by warranty.
My Mercedes Benz in an accident.
My father had a stroke and lost his peripheral view and is begging me to settle down.
time constraints.
Therefore I am gonna suspend the Vette project for now, and focus on priorities of order.

I will return and complete the hood, the digital dash, the carbon fiber componenets, the racing IMSA spoiler, TURBOs and the louvers that can close and open and fat flared fenders w/ functional equipment.
In addition, I will get back to my paintings also. I promised a few members paintings of their cars. I will do em, as I get the mentioned things under control.
thanks for all, and once more
You acn only find it on www.corvetteactioncenter.com

YIKES! All that stuff happened between 5:01 pm and 11:19 pm??? What a stinker!

If you wanna' chill under the hood, get some glass wrap on the headers. I bet that will reduce underhood temps about 60' - 75'. I'm planning on doing Hooker Shorty install with wrap tomorrow, and try to get before and after temps of the hood with my trusty little Mickey Mouse infrared thermometer...

i could se yer logic if it were a cowl hood but vents on the side...i dont think will suck into the compartment air intake and you can just use the recirculate button on yer ac...if this remains an issue....im jus sayin..
...ive studied the under hood air flow for a little while and it still puzzles me as to where the gm brains wanted the heat to go.??
its all sealed up nicely...no way to escape but down...and this doesnt seem the most efficent way to vent hot air...

YIKES! All that stuff happened between 5:01 pm and 11:19 pm??? What a stinker!

If you wanna' chill under the hood, get some glass wrap on the headers. I bet that will reduce underhood temps about 60' - 75'. I'm planning on doing Hooker Shorty install with wrap tomorrow, and try to get before and after temps of the hood with my trusty little Mickey Mouse infrared thermometer...
Thanks for the funny comment. the stuff did not happen in one day. It is over the past month.
Currently all my Vette project is on hold.

did you consider venting out the side? behind or even through the wheel well?

No I did not. Again, that is not a bad idea though.
Again, I have seen the Genesis louvers on Race cars.
They are functional but on the cosmetic side, they look unique.

then again, it does look cool. Like an early Camaro SS hood sort of or like the fenders on an old 1960's can am racer.

You have a set of steel b**s to cut holes in your vette !

lmao I agree, I don't think I'd have the jewels, lol. :eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom