Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Reindexing Windows

Baldie88

Corvette
2016 triple black vert.
I recently changed the battery on my 2016 vert (a whole other story). I've got all my setting back but I can't get the windows to reindex (goes down about 1/8 inch when you open and close the doors).

The procedure I have is to just put the ignition in the 'on' position. Put down the drivers window and then back up. Put down the passenger window and then back up. Now hold the driver's switch up for about 3-5 seconds. Release and then do this again. Then do the same to the passenger's window. Now raise and lower windows to make sure they work, which they do. Turn off the ignition and get out of the car. Windows do not index. If this doesn't work the first time, do the same procedures again, which I've done numerous time.

I've also seen the same procedures but have the car running, which I've done several times also. However nothing seems to work. I'm sure I'm missing some tiny tidbit of information but so far no success. It's a minor problem and is OK as it, just wanting to get it back to what it should be doing.

And just an FYI, whenever you change the battery, make sure your windows are down and maybe a door is open. There is one cable that even though connected and shows power to the car, if it isn't fully seated the car goes into theft mode and it goes fully locked down. Had a heck of a time figuring out how to get back into the car and fix the problem.

Thanks!

Ron
aka Baldie 88

Ron, saw a couple of posts elsewhere that said to do the procedure with the car running, BUT, both of the posts said to hold the switches in the up position for 12-15 seconds. Don't know if that will do it or not, but it IS cheap to try! LOL.
As a side note, does your radio go off immediately upon opening the door? if not, then there could be a problem where the car doesn't know the door is open (door sensor???), and the indexing feature won't be activated if that's the case. Anyway, hope you get it sorted out quickly!
Andy

When rolling the windows up and down, do not let off the switch for 10 seconds after full travel/window stopping. Repeat if it does not take.

Thanks for the help guys. After holding the window up longer as suggested it appears to have solved my problem (everything else I had found said to hold it up for 3-5 seconds). And the radio does go off when the door is opened so that seems to be working fine also.

CAC was a big help to me when I had my '88 and it comes through again.

Regards,

Ron
"Baldie88"

SWEEEEEEET!
Glad you got it solved!
Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom