Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reliable 3rd-hand Rumour

Gersh

Corvette
"06 Z06, Kawasaki ZZR, "66 supercharged Chev 489
I have heard from a source in Corvette engineering, whose name and position I can't disclose, that they are calling the car the "SS"
Gersh

The name has been public knowlege--maybe not widely known, but certainly public--since the ALMS race in Utah last Summer, when Corvette Chief Engineer, Tom Wallace, was quoted in a discussion with Corvette owners, Corvette enthusaists and some members of the press as saying that the name of this car will be "Corvette SS".

I have heard from a source in Corvette engineering, whose name and position I can't disclose, that they are calling the car the "SS"
Gersh
My secret source says it is indisputably "Sting Ray."

I've "heard" based upon what my Super Secret 007 agent tells me, that it will be called the "SSR"

SSR = Super Sting Ray

:D :D ;)

Does that mean you have to have a secret decoder ring to drive one? Has 'Q' installed any special gadgets?

-Mac

I've "heard" based upon what my Super Secret 007 agent tells me, that it will be called the "SSR"

SSR = Super Sting Ray

:D :D ;)
As much as I loved it, I think one SSR was probably enough.

Does that mean you have to have a secret decoder ring to drive one? Has 'Q' installed any special gadgets?

-Mac

Yes, I have been in close contact with Corvette Development Engineers and I have put in a request to have a special SSR built for me and me alone. It will come equipped with a special, small, light-weight, carbon-ceramic Gatling Gun tucked under the hood scoop of the car.

The trigger will be integrated into the stick shift. The Gatling Gun's specific purpose will be to ceremoniously....remove those morons who are determined to sit in the left hand lane like slugs and refuse to pull over, or speed up when you try to pass them on the right.

Pull the trigger for just a split second, and WHAM! There goes their rear bumper.

You wouldn't believe the red-tape, and legal documentation I had to sign in order to not hold GM legally responsible for any wrong doing. ;LOL

;)

and the mysterious hood scoop.......Super Flux Capacitor....end of story

and the mysterious hood scoop.......Super Flux Capacitor....end of story
yeah, but where do you stuff the garbage to feed the super flux capacitor?

yeah, but where do you stuff the garbage to feed the super flux capacitor?
well..I dont have any inside sources or anything, but I suspect its in the secret panel door on the rear of the drivers side subtly disguised as a fuel lid...maybe

Yes, I have been in close contact with Corvette Development Engineers and I have put in a request to have a special SSR built for me and me alone. It will come equipped with a special, small, light-weight, carbon-ceramic Gatling Gun tucked under the hood scoop of the car.

The trigger will be integrated into the stick shift. The Gatling Gun's specific purpose will be to ceremoniously....remove those morons who are determined to sit in the left hand lane like slugs and refuse to pull over, or speed up when you try to pass them on the right.

Pull the trigger for just a split second, and WHAM! There goes their rear bumper.

You wouldn't believe the red-tape, and legal documentation I had to sign in order to not hold GM legally responsible for any wrong doing. ;LOL

;)

I like it!
My personal solution for left-lane blockers is less effective but more subtle. I wait till I finally can pass, then pull alongside and use sign language to indicate a low/flat rear tire--virtually ALWAYS works--they pull off to check!
Gersh

... the name of this car will be "Corvette SS".

Chevrolet has long used the SS designation (and I've owned a few in my day) and I like that better than the Blue Devil tag... I've never associated SS with the Corvette as it was always a performance driven machine. But, it makes logical sense, I guess... Take the extra "performance package" and desgnate it SS. Hmmm, instead of just using the abbreviated SS, maybe "Super Sport" would be a good name?

Of course, what I think about it equals a fart in a windstorm. As long as I can drool over one, I'll have to be satisfied with that. I'd never be able to afford one....

I like it!
My personal solution for left-lane blockers is less effective but more subtle. I wait till I finally can pass, then pull alongside and use sign language to indicate a low/flat rear tire--virtually ALWAYS works--they pull off to check!
Gersh
;LOL :rotfl I love it! I've got to remember that one. :L

I like it!
My personal solution for left-lane blockers is less effective but more subtle. I wait till I finally can pass, then pull alongside and use sign language ...

I thought for a second you meant the *other* sign language, the raised finger :L

The "flat tire" message is much better, and a much better weapon in the game of psychological warfare :D

-Mac

Dont you remember theres no Q in the new Bond movie......what times have changed.....did you guys know that a secret secret insider i have knows more about this than anyone here put together?:ugh

I do and his name is.....woops i almost slipped there for a second...

Combine efforts

;)

We should join our efforts. My twin M2 .50 installation in place of the fog lights on my C5 required 10 lb of documentation. The only real problems are the chain ammo feeds along the console. The 3000 round ammo boxes under the hatch shift the weight a bit; but squeezing the shift-mounted trigger makes up for any of this.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom