Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

renegade = neck snapping performance

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
I installed a renegae a while back and now after hammering on the gas for the last year, I am developing neck problems. Any suggestions what I should do to cope with the power increase of the renegade?

Maybe wear a hans device like nascar drivers?:confused

I would hate to detune this powerhouse because of medical reasons.

I installed a renegae a while back
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ntake-crossfire-=-more-hp-33.html#post1037839
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ntake-crossfire-=-more-hp-33.html#post1037643

I think you still have other well known " medical " problems to deal with 1st :chuckle
Renegaditis ;
the overwhelming compulsion to over rate the performance of a piece of alum intended as a CFI replacement

Still no before / after data from you so your Butt-O-Meter SOTP evaluation means f-all
At least some other Renegade users have posted up their results

Ok - like the sigline says, I know nuthin'... (too lazy to google too)

WTH IS A RENEGADE??? :confused

896-100-001.jpg

I installed a renegae a while back and now after hammering on the gas for the last year, I am developing neck problems. Any suggestions what I should do to cope with the power increase of the renegade?

It's been closer to six months since the install right? That is what your previous posts suggest on this topic.

WTH IS A RENEGADE???
A very good well designed replacement intake for the CFI that overcomes the factory designed restrictions of the original.

Unfortunately , before the intake was even available ( a one off prototype existed ) the OP who had no connection with the intake took it upon himself to promote it to all and sundry across every C4 site ,as the holy grail of motoring , the second coming whereby CFI cars would be blasting LT1's off the road.
The OP was banned on another C4 site for his constant ravings about the yet to be produced intake and his abuse of anyone who disagreed with his assessment
even knowledgeable people like Hib
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c4-technical-performance/109372-new-intake-crossfire-%3D-more-hp-2.html#post950121

The argument was not so much about the intake but the promotion of the qualities of a un produced ( at one stage production was nearly canceled ) intake ,knowing how many snake oil products there are out there

When the much delayed intake became available( took nearly 2 years ) , buyers were very happy with the results;
however most comparisons are of the " my car revs much higher now " kind rather than hard before / after data
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ntake-crossfire-=-more-hp-32.html#post1037366

Our local version (two years worth / 32 pages)

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ce/109372-new-intake-crossfire-=-more-hp.html

3 pages is enough (unless dyno sheet is posted somewhere)?

If you want to do that to your vette, have at it. The tighter you pull the string, the faster it stretches and sags YUP.

I'm a purist. OEM, clean, tight, and show me your exhaust with hammer on floor (clean burn). That's what I call impressive uH HUh.

That's just me tho'...

I finally have some 1/4 mile times for my renegade equiped crossfire.

My first run with alot of wheel spin netted a 14.87, this run was done letting the auto trans self shift. It shifted to soon. The second run I shifted the auto trans myself and had alot of wheel spin and when I shifted into second it spun again and I got a 14.46. The next run I eased the throttle on with little wheel spin and got a 14.43. But with the less throttle it bogged a little off the line. Next pass I gave it more throttle and had alot of wheel spin and got a 14.39. Pretty good for a stock bottem end with just a K&N, renegade, 2" TB's, shift kit, and a random cat, underdrive pulleys, hypertech chip 180 stat, walker rear y pipe, muffler eliminators, fuel pressure set at 15 psi, timing set at 10. The crossfire has 65,000 miles on it.

14.87 elevation 2100'= 14.50
14.46 elevation 2100'= 14.10
14.43 elevation 2100'= 14.07
14.39 elevation 2100'= 14.04

These were my 2010 1/4 mile times. With my new mods it is even faster.

I finally have some 1/4 mile times for my renegade equiped crossfire.
At a real drag strip with time slips or you driving down the road with a stopwatch?

Anyway ,meaningless without before intake install results

Q:
At a real drag strip with time slips or you driving down the road with a stopwatch?

Anyway ,meaningless without before intake install results
With such an improvement device, part 'b' of this question does not matter...

A:
15.1 before intake install.
And the fact that part 'b' got answered, and not part 'a', makes the default answer to part 'a' ...
"... driving down the road with a stopwatch."

Are we right? Or are we right?

My patience with this thread and this product deemed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, is quickly diminishing.

;squint:

My patience with this thread and this product deemed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, is quickly diminishing.

;squint:

My V6 Camaro runs 14.28. It has a smaller engine and weighs more. If the best a Renegade-equipped 84 can do is 14.30s...sliced bread is better.

My patience with this thread and this product deemed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, is quickly diminishing.;squint:
Awww, c'mon...for old times sake??? :chuckle

My V6 Camaro runs 14.28. It has a smaller engine and weighs more. If the best a Renegade-equipped 84 can do is 14.30s...sliced bread is better.
Not really a fair comparison ("car to car", not "car to bread"), but I see where yer going. :)

...Here we go :eyerole

BUT

I gotta admire 'ol Nelsons tenacity and committment to his beliefs...:thumb

I can't wait for Scratch 'n' Sniff internet, so I can download this fertilizer directly to my virtual garden YUP . :W

When I first saw the thread I just glanced at it and thought it said,
"Redneck = neck snapping performance " :rotfl

Glenn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom