Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

renegade = neck snapping performance

:rotfl​

is THAT what a "hands" device looks like?

No wonder all the neckcar drivers wear them..

In all seriousness on another "forum" a legitimate poster did have before and after install dyno results. It was a definite improvement but not crazy big I think it was like 10-15HP on an otherwise stock engine. It may have bigger benefits on modified Cross-fires but otherwise, it is a lot of hype for nothing. Works but not life changing. Going take a lot more than a intake to catch a LT1. Heck, auto C5 LS1's have trouble keeping up much less running away...at least for my Corvette. :confused

In all seriousness on another "forum" a legitimate poster did have before and after install dyno results. It was a definite improvement but not crazy big I think it was like 10-15HP on an otherwise stock engine. It may have bigger benefits on modified Cross-fires but otherwise, it is a lot of hype for nothing. Works but not life changing. Going take a lot more than a intake to catch a LT1. Heck, auto C5 LS1's have trouble keeping up much less running away...at least for my Corvette. :confused

Time of 2000 auto......
1/4 Mile ET: 12.412
1/4 Mile MPH: 110.230
1/8 Mile ET: 7.940
1/8 Mile MPH: 85.710
0-60 Foot ET: 1.712
dragtimes.com

Time of 2000 auto......
1/4 Mile ET: 12.412
1/4 Mile MPH: 110.230
1/8 Mile ET: 7.940
1/8 Mile MPH: 85.710
0-60 Foot ET: 1.712
dragtimes.com

If it is this one... it isn't completely stock. Mods include an LS6 intake, custom tune, exhaust work, etc.

15s for the L83? Really??? ;squint: ;shrug

A bone stock LT1 Fbody with the 3.42 runs low 13s. Heck- I could get into the mid to high 12s with a 4.10, headers, and a custom tune on my LT1.

I'm pretty sure the Renegade is a better performance manifold than the stock Xfire. Having said that, the crap heads, lazy cam, and restrictive exhaust would make the gain of 70hp from just swapping intakes an unlikely outcome IMHO. Some years ago, I modded my Xfire to run 13.3's with 104mph+ trap speeds. It took work and modification of just about all aspects of the motor. BTW, it was a fun street car to drive. The intake is not "the problem" on the Xfire cars.
There are many compromises that need to be overcome.

I installed a renegae a while back and now after hammering on the gas for the last year, I am developing neck problems. Any suggestions what I should do to cope with the power increase of the renegade?

Maybe wear a hans device like nascar drivers?:confused

I would hate to detune this powerhouse because of medical reasons.​

14's make you feel this way? I'd like to see your face if you were in a fast car.:L

If it is this one... it isn't completely stock. Mods include an LS6 intake, custom tune, exhaust work, etc.

15s for the L83? Really??? ;squint: ;shrug

A bone stock LT1 Fbody with the 3.42 runs low 13s. Heck- I could get into the mid to high 12s with a 4.10, headers, and a custom tune on my LT1.

Sorry, I didn't claim it was bone stock just another C5 doing what it does better than the C4. Can't see how a 300 HP car that weights 3320 pounds can be faster than one that has 345 HP and weights 3230.

If you want to fish the site I gave, you can get all sorts of run times instead of idle statements, most with upgrades listed. I was unable to find any with the Renagade mod that would back up any claim of its benefit.

Sorry, I didn't claim it was bone stock just another C5 doing what it does better than the C4. Can't see how a 300 HP car that weights 3320 pounds can be faster than one that has 345 HP and weights 3230.

:beer

No worries- you are absolutely right about the logic. Heavier car, less power, worse gearing won't likely be faster. Just thinking stock-to-stock for starting the comparison.

If you want to fish the site I gave, you can get all sorts of run times instead of idle statements, most with upgrades listed. I was unable to find any with the Renagade mod that would back up any claim of its benefit.

...And that is a great site. Thanks for posting some content from it.
:upthumbs

That C5 auto is FAR from stock, drag radials please...

I should clarify, I was talking stock to stock. From my observations from being at Pittsburgh Raceway Park, even with my crappy driving other C5 autos are NO faster than my C4. My car also has a 6 speed, makes a difference.

Keep in mind not all LS1's have 345hp and not all LT1's have only 300hp STOCK. Differences do exist in production engines happens all the time.
I believe my LT1 is a stronger example of a LT1, 300++hp.
Look at my trap speeds 108-109MPH in a 3300lb car I HAVE OVER 300HP. More like 330HP at the crank. By estimates any way. I do intend to have the car dyno tested at some point in the near future.

If I could launch the car and get my 60 foots from the 2.2 range to the 2.0-1.9 range I would be a low 13-high 12 second car. If I got my 60 foot into the 1.8-1.7 range I would be a like a 12.8-12.6 sec. car just based on my trap speeds.
E.T.'s and races are won in the first 60 feet, and for me that is what is killing me.

Trap speeds basically reflect the HP a car is making, being a 3300lb car and trapping between 108-109 consistantly, I AM MAKING SOME STOCK HP, with only very minor mods.

That being said, my statement still stands. I will gladly race any stock C5 auto anyplace, anytime. I may win or not, but it will be closer than the C5 auto may like.

Peace!!!:w

FYI, only mods are Open Air Lid with K&N Filter, X-Pipe in place of resonator and muffler eliminators.

"That being said, my statement still stands. I will gladly race any stock C5 auto anyplace, anytime. I may win or not, but it will be closer than the C5 auto may like."

That goes double for me! ;LOL

any new parts for a cross-fire is welcomed .:w

Sometimes enhancing what you have is all you need to do. I prefer to keep the car as a crossfire, I was going to install a superram but I got side tracked with the x-ram and now the renegade. But here is something a crossfire owner can do to keep his mind off the lack of performance, spiff up under the hood.
IMG_3486.jpg

Or add some 30th anniversary emblems:
IMG_3501.jpg

Anyway keep your crossfire looking sharp.

But here is something a crossfire owner can do to keep his mind off the lack of performance, spiff up under the hood.
IMG_3486.jpg

Be sure to post some pictures once you've completed your spiffing!!:chuckle

Be sure to post some pictures once you've completed your spiffing!!:chuckle

Sure I will make sure I PM you all the details and the drawn out process what makes a crossfire look good.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom