Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Renegade

Yeah...what DID happen to the Renegade intake manifold?:confused

From what I have read at the Crossfire Injection forum they are shipping.

I think the buzz on the renegade has died even before the first post up there.
I haven't seen any new installs lately, no before/after runs ect.

I have a renegade and the crossfie runs faster than my 85 TPI. It spins the tires when it shifts into 2nd gear. It runs 14.0 in the 1/4 mile now with tons of wheel spin, with slicks it would be a high 13 second car. I installed the renegade myself it was pretty easy everything went together nicely. I was short on cash so I got my hands dirty.:w

I have a renegade and the crossfie runs faster than my 85 TPI. It spins the tires when it shifts into 2nd gear. It runs 14.0 in the 1/4 mile now with tons of wheel spin, with slicks it would be a high 13 second car. I installed the renegade myself it was pretty easy everything went together nicely. I was short on cash so I got my hands dirty.:w

:thumb

Good to hear that you like it! Post some pic of the install to- I'd like to see it installed.

Thanks for the feedback...This was going to be my winter project this year, but will have to wait......Looks like I need a brake overhaul this year...Time to call Vette Brakes and drop a $ GRAND + $$$$$:mad

OH WELL: As a Chicago Cubs fan, I am getting use to "Wait Till Next Year" :boogie

We had to turn off the purchase button on the website since we were getting too far behind on the orders. Since then we are now almost caught up with the backorders and will open the purchase button again soon. There has been a lot of interest during this period and we always get calls about the manifold daily as to when will it be available. We are also looking at a new foundry to pour the castings at the amount we want and I expect the there will be a price increase in the future, but we'll see what happens. Keep checking the site from time to time for more info on this...Thanks

Are you still located in Gilbert? I seen to remember something about relocating. Am I imagining that?:Silly

Whoa "Buccaneer"...you sound like you may work for the company that makes Renegades.

When is your company going to facilitate an impartial test observed by media, of that intake manifold? I mean an A-B test with, first, an engine with the OE 2xTBI intanke manifold and then a second test with the same engine and the Renegade.

Whoa "Buccaneer"...you sound like you may work for the company that makes Renegades.When is your company going to facilitate an impartial test observed by media, of that intake manifold? I mean an A-B test with, first, an engine with the OE 2xTBI intanke manifold and then a second test with the same engine and the Renegade.
He doesn't have to do the test it just plain works. I have a renegade and love it it is faster than my TPI that has a few bolt ons and 3.45 rear gears.You should order one and see how great this intake is or better yet see what DCS is doing in the future to make it even better.

If it "just plain works", then there should be nothing to fear in doing professional quantitative testing to measure that vast improvement, should there? :bu

-Mac

If it "just plain works", then there should be nothing to fear in doing professional quantitative testing to measure that vast improvement, should there? :bu-Mac
If someone that does not own a renegade and wants to test the performance improvements should buy one and test it instead of giving people that own them a hard time. But I guess the forum rules don't state anything about harassing a guy that owns a renegade equipped crossfire.

If someone that does not own a renegade and wants to test the performance improvements should buy one and test it instead of giving people that own them a hard time. But I guess the forum rules don't state anything about harassing a guy that owns a renegade equipped crossfire.
:w Nelson,

It is nice to see you still defending the Renegade Intake, but I believe Hib's post above is directed to the designer and manufacturer of the Renegade Intake (Buccaneer).. And Mac was simply seconding what Hib asked of the ?? owner of the Renegade Company. None of what has been posted on this page pertains to current or past owners of the Renegade.. I don't see any inference or slight toward anyone that owns one or is awaiting the delivery of one..

If I may… let’s say I was not pleased with my Quadrajet on 1981 and I wanted to change it out to a Holly or ????... Would it be in my best interest to research the possibly replacement carburetors? I would talk to others and look up specification and empirical information to compare the perspective replacement carburetor to my Quadrajet?

This kind of reminds me of back in the ‘70s gas scare. Some aftermarket car companies were selling magnets to tape to gas lines in front the carburetor to improve gas mileage.. :dance

I just googled gas magnets: Save Gas and INCREASE HP!!

I’m Just Say’n

Bud

Edit: I wanted to add that in York Nebraska they were selling "Cow Magnets as Gas Savers"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom