Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Renovo Soft Top Reviver??

GS Diva

Moderator,
Corvette
2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06
Has anyone used, or heard of, this new product I'm hearing about that actually dyes cloth convertible tops? It's called "Renovo Soft Top Reviver" and I think is from England. My 88 has a black top that is still in excellent condition except it's just a little less than dark black...at least in my opinion. I'm thinking of dying it this winter...it's a lot less expensive than a new top!

Lemon Peel aka Elaine

Elaine,

Be sure to follow the instructions on the kit, especially the part where it says to test a small area for finish. A buddy of mine used a dye on his black top and now it's all shiny. It almost looks like a vinyl top on a cadillac with armor all on it. The finish looks very un-natural. Sadly, I don't recall what brand of dye he used:(.

Good Luck!

71Shark said:
Elaine,

Be sure to follow the instructions on the kit, especially the part where it says to test a small area for finish. A buddy of mine used a dye on his black top and now it's all shiny. It almost looks like a vinyl top on a cadillac with armor all on it. The finish looks very un-natural. Sadly, I don't recall what brand of dye he used:(.

Good Luck!

Good advice! Thanks. Maybe I'll rephrase this request for information to read ... has anyone ever tried to dye their cloth convertible top?

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom