Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

repair manuals????

bmack

Corvette
73 blue coupe
Could someone please tell me which are the best repair manuals for a 73 coupe. I just have one that shows the exploded part pictures. It dosen't tell me the proceedure or the 1,2,3 steps on how the take apart and put things back together. Thank you for your time. Barry

Sounds like you may have an assembly manual. Check with Mid America or and of the other big suppliers. The have GM Service manuals for all years. That's what you need. You can pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual at the local parts store. They are helpful but not as complate as the GM ones

Bill Heygster said:
Sounds like you may have an assembly manual. Check with Mid America or and of the other big suppliers. The have GM Service manuals for all years. That's what you need. You can pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual at the local parts store. They are helpful but not as complate as the GM ones
Thank you Bill for the time and effort, this will help me a great deal. Barry

I have a haynes and the shop and service manual,my preference is the service manual.

The Haynes manual is easy to get (local discount parts store). It is simple and worth having for most stuff. You will also want the GM service manual for more detail. You can find these on ebay for $40-50. I got one with the cover missing for $9! God bless,. Cris

Sensei said:
The Haynes manual is easy to get (local discount parts store). It is simple and worth having for most stuff. You will also want the GM service manual for more detail. You can find these on ebay for $40-50. I got one with the cover missing for $9! God bless,. Cris

While I'm a diehard factory manual (and AIM) user I agree wtih the comments on the Haynes manual. It's cheap, written for 'average' 'basic' stuff, doesn't presume factory technical background or professional service shop experience and not half bad for the price.

(Have no Corvette specific experience with Chilton but based on a few other experiences, they aren't even good for toilet paper!)

The factory service manual is far better than the rest. Don't even waste your money on them. - Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom