Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Restorer: Trim & Weather stripping

MM-C5

Corvette
2013 Cyber Grey Grand Sport Coupe
Does anyone have experience with DFT REVIVE? I have not been happy with several restorers I have tried, in that they do not seem to really penetrate or bring back the sheen. The trim on window sills seems to show the most weathering, yet the car is rarely in the sun for extended periods.

Revive_16.jpgAny thoughts appreciated. Thanks

T;shrugM

My first exposure to DFT, don't know anything about it. I used Adams VRT and now use Chemical Guys VRP to treat the plastic and rubber on my cars. I wish the results would last longer too. I have always liked the way it makes the plastic and rubber look after treatment.

My first exposure to DFT, don't know anything about it. I used Adams VRT and now use Chemical Guys VRP to treat the plastic and rubber on my cars. I wish the results would last longer too. I have always liked the way it makes the plastic and rubber look after treatment.

Thank you for your thoughts...and btw, I still love that plane & Vette shot!

Edge of Top 2.jpg This is the window edge of the windshield pillar. The discolor is not from the flash, but discoloration of the trim material. The pic below is the L side window sill. Same situation but there appears to also be some scaling. No matter what I have used so far, I still end up with this "worn out" look. :ugh

Sill.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom