Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

retarded motor swaps

L

Ling_650vette

speaking of ignorant motor swap (got this from a lowering C5 post), some retard on yahoo chat, has "supposedly" dropped a 502 or 454 (he changes his mind) into a C5. Funny thing is, he's also stated he's done 215 in his car, and the speedo was pegged,while the HUD had 200 on there.....but as i've been told, he once you hit 200 it flashes "00". Some of you should really come in and check it out, it's really hilarious to watch this kid make a fool of himself. That, and if anyone goes and "looks" around @ some car sites, www.cars-for-sale.com has some pretty weird stuff.....like people selling semi #'s matchin 67 L-88's for 300k ( better be solid gold plated, 0 miles and still on the orig dealer floor) or others selling 63-67, and 68 Stingrays. (does anyone else feel like either laughin or cryin when people call a Mid Year a Stingray?)

Suprised you haven't heard from the mid year guys yet.

Ling_650vette said:
speaking of ignorant motor swap (got this from a lowering C5 post), some retard on yahoo chat, has "supposedly" dropped a 502 or 454 (he changes his mind) into a C5. Funny thing is, he's also stated he's done 215 in his car, and the speedo was pegged,while the HUD had 200 on there.....but as i've been told, he once you hit 200 it flashes "00". Some of you should really come in and check it out, it's really hilarious to watch this kid make a fool of himself. That, and if anyone goes and "looks" around @ some car sites, www.cars-for-sale.com has some pretty weird stuff.....like people selling semi #'s matchin 67 L-88's for 300k ( better be solid gold plated, 0 miles and still on the orig dealer floor) or others selling 63-67, and 68 Stingrays. (does anyone else feel like either laughin or cryin when people call a Mid Year a Stingray?)

Actually, when I bought my '65 Roadster in 1965, it was called a "Sting Ray". In 1969 they renamed that year's model "Stingray". The name had shrunk from two words to one. No one that I can remember refered to a Sting Ray as a mid-year until many years later.

See

Corvette: An American Classic, Dan Lyons and John F. Katz, Metro Books, 2001 ISBN 1-58663-167-5, pp 66-76 et al.

Ray

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom