Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rotor recommendations

C

c4ever

It's time to replace the rotors on the 85. Before I get into the 50 catalogues I have at home:eyerole what do you guys recommend? Stock rotors and calipers on the car now.(OE)
Thanks,
Carlo:w

Personally...

If I were to do this, I would go with BIG crossdrilled rotors and BIG calipers, as big as you can get without breaking the bank. Theres nothing wrong with stopping on a dime. :)

Ill do a little check on some and get back.

Part# 32203 form Ecklers sounds nice. They are ZR-1 setups. But you have to get 17" wheels.

That would be enough breaking power to glue your eyes to the windshield though!

So it sounds like if you go 13" rotors, you need 17" wheels. I guess I would say 12" rotors but make sure they are crossdrilled. I think that cuts down on squeaky, paint damaging, rim crapifying brake dust too.

If you want, I know a place that has the 13" setup for about $250. It is used, but I will tell you from experience, they stop you like someone tossed out an anchor.

Mike

Overkill isn't always necessary. Unless you have track duty in mind, why break the bank if you won't use it to it's full potential. I updated to the Baer Track system on mine and the difference is like night and day, yet all that system consists of are the front 13" rotors and calipers (basically a ZR-1 package). Stopping is no longer a problem, and I had it wide-open on the straights, hitting the brakes pretty hard into the corners, while on the track at Willow Springs.

Take a look at what your goals are before you decide. JMHO ;)

_ken :w

Topless,
I looked at the 13'' package but that means going to 17" wheels and I can't justify the cost.

Ken,
I hear ya. I do drive pretty hard and 80-90+ is common everyday driving. Lots of open road down here. I don't autox at all so I'll stay with the OE size rotor. I was looking at VB performance rotor at about $150ea. or the GT. Anyone have experience with the VB?

Thanks guys for the input.
Carlo
:cool

I'm using Power stops from Summit! There Crossdrilled and Cad plated about $200 BTW You need to call to order as they are not lised in the catralog

Thanks Ernie. I'll check it out. Is that $200 per or for a set? Good quality?
Carlo:w

About $200 per set (both) Included shipping on mine I have them on The back! I'm looking to put the Big brakes on the front. I went to a track day at Pocono a couple of weeks ago and burned off a set of new pads in one day!

Aaaaahhhh! The sweet smell of burning brake pads.:D

Well???

Whatever you decide, let the results be known. I'm thinking of doing them on my car.
--Drew:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom