Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rowley's now down...

EDDYVETTER said:
Ok now that it looks like the air has cleared can call off this Hat field and Mcoy feud to a truce or is there still anomocity out there . If there is lets handle it now so we can all let it go and move on. Ron.....
No animosity on my end. :)

Rob,
I am sorry. I just posted that the Rowley site was down due to over use and it has now expanded into all of this. I am really sorry.

tom...

I am one of the original handful of members back when this site was started. It is by far the most professionally managed site especially considering it is not Rob's main job. Like ALL of us Rob has a real job that essentially pays for this service we all enjoy. I am amazed on a daily basis how this site is monitored both by Rob and the members and maintains a light and friendly atmosphere. On ocassion the topics will get a little dicy, but all in all I'd rather be here than any other site. The answer is very simple: If you're are not satisfied here..... just move on quietly. No offense will be taken and you'll always be welcome back.

Enough already.

......... Nut (Member #35)

Tom73 said:
Rob,
I am sorry. I just posted that the Rowley site was down due to over use and it has now expanded into all of this. I am really sorry.

tom...
Tom, Don't worry about it. No need to apologize. :)

Ya know, Rob's comment caught my eye:
There's a big difference between this site and a business. This site and these forums are NOT a business and the members here, are not my employees.

It reminded me of the many times we here at the :CAC (the adminstration and moderators) receive compliments on how things are run, and how quickly and professionally (usually) the responses to questions are given. Often times, one moderator will be singled out as been especially helpful. :upthumbs

I was thinking earlier as I was reading one of my magazine's tech columns, that we here have a similar situation: people (the members here as opposed to the readership of a magazine) ask questions; in the magazine, one person, sometimes with an assist from an outside source, will respond with what he hopes will be a sufficient answer. Here at the :CAC we have not only one or two moderators assigned to each forum of each generation, we have over eight thousand other people who are willing, if not necessarily able, to help in answering the subject in question. A much better method of dealing with issues wouldn't you say?

Thank you all for all of your help! :upthumbs

Ain't Forums cool!

I frequent many Vette and other type forums across the net. I am easy to find, because I use the same or almost the same Alias in other forums.

Without question, this site is far different from the others. It stems from Rob's personal vision, then spreads through his hard work, our support, and the members it attracts.

I often think of this site like the USS Enterprise...(Star Trek--the new generation). Although I am not a "Trek" freak fan, I do see this place as the "open to all, serving all, and extending a hand of friendship and fellowship to all in a color blind fashion." We are on a daily mission to go where no Vette site has gone before..and very bold on Rob's behalf. We will also vigorously defend our position when our vision comes under attack. It is only natural.

CAC continues to grow, and does it based upon a dedicated membership base, and on a foundation rooted in a professional dedication and pursuit of factual based data and historical Vette knowledge. Instead of being a site focused on sponsorship, it is focused on the Vette, and the people that love them. Rob does not bombard you with ads, pop ups, side bars, and vendor based domination of discussions and topics. It is open, free, and fresh.

The big difference is, people that want to come here and talk trash, type foul language, attack other members, or even other sites....are quickly in the minority. If somebody sees our efforts to maintain our standards as "over moderation, or Big Brother"... then this may not be the best site for them. Most that truly feel that way usually just drop off, and go back to the other places where they feel more comfortable..and that is fine. However, if they stick around a bit, they tend to learn, grow, and become a valued member of the community.

As mods and admins, we are here to help! If you have a question, a concern (or even a gripe) please share it with us. We frequently get together and discuss your feelings, requests, and comments, and brain storm ways to maintain our standards, and consider the requests.

Rob is offering a very special opportunity for the Netvetters group to have there own dedicated forum zone. Who else does that?

Yes, we are big, but flexible enough to build, shape, and contour the site to stay on the cutting edge.

I dunno a thing about netvetters or rowley's. I've been hanging around this site for a pretty good while ... and coupla others too.

I've learned a lot about vettes from here ... I try to share what I 've learned about vettes & what I've learned elsewhere. I think there are many here with similar approach.

Rob seems to be kinda transparent as far as a big brother ... but he fixes things quick when he sees a need. I really like that. He does it in a firm decisive manner ... I REALLY like that. A few times I've brought something directly to Rob's attention ... he addressed it super quick!

I've never met Rob or other admins/mods ... I suspect Rob's concept of editorial fairness closely parallels what mine might be if I had the skills to manage a whopper like CAC ... skills or desire I do not have.

I like this vette site the best! Thanks to all.
JACK:gap

Let me say this it felt great to vent Thank you rob and mods for letting the thread roll . Alot went on behind the scenes and to Robs credit he handled it very diplomaticly and professionaly .

Regards Ron....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom