Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seats, are they that different?

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
seats.JPG
I took this right from the C7 website (here). Looking at the seats- hold your mouse over it for a the larger picture- it doesn't look like they are that different support-wise. Obviously the racing seat could support an over-the-shoulder belt setup, but the side bolsters don't look that that much different. And the seat itself looks identical, which would seem to suggest that while your ribcage might be held in somewhat, your butt is still likely to have some side-to-side movement regardless of which seat you choose.

Wonder if this is going to raise the ire of the industry critics?

The base looks to be the same on both seats...........

The "competition" seat is designed to allow for installation of 5-point or 6-point belts. With a racing harness installed, you will not get much butt movement.

I wonder if GM is going to offer a harness bar and racing belts as a dealer installed option?

View attachment 12507
I took this right from the C7 website (here). Looking at the seats- hold your mouse over it for a the larger picture- it doesn't look like they are that different support-wise. Obviously the racing seat could support an over-the-shoulder belt setup, but the side bolsters don't look that that much different. And the seat itself looks identical, which would seem to suggest that while your ribcage might be held in somewhat, your butt is still likely to have some side-to-side movement regardless of which seat you choose.

Wonder if this is going to raise the ire of the industry critics?

I don't know. It may be that when your upper torso is held firmly in position (and it appears that it would be by either of these seats), your butt may not move around all that much...

Last edited:
HI there,

I doubt GM is going to offer harnesses as a dealership installed option, it wouldnt make sense from a liability standpoint.

The legality standpoint seems much too great in my opinion.

But its certainly obvious that they wanted to be able to make it easier to install them as owners see fit.

Allthebest, Paul

HI there,

I doubt GM is going to offer harnesses as a dealership installed option, it wouldnt make sense from a liability standpoint.

The legality standpoint seems much too great in my opinion.

But its certainly obvious that they wanted to be able to make it easier to install them as owners see fit.

Allthebest, Paul

I hope Brey Krause has a C7 already so they can get a harness bar out for the it sooner rather than later.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom