Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Selective Ride Control

wholmes98

When I bought my C-5 the shocks were inoperable. We replaced the ride control module which did activate the shocks and improved the ride immensely. However, the selective ride knob on the console seems to make no change in the ride. The ABS pump module had shorted out on the car with a replacement pump and module to be installed soon. Does this affect the ride control, or do I have another problem with the ride control system? Thanks.

Do you have a set of factory service manuals? If not, I would suggest purchasing a set. They will guide you through the troubleshooting and repair.

The ABS modulator valve does not affect MagnaRide.

Is the service ride control light on?

If not, the system is working properly. In normal driving, you will not detect much difference when moving the MR selector.

Yes, the service ride control light is on. When I first got the cart, the shocks inoperable light came on but went away when the ride control module was replaced making the shocks operable again. Shocks definitely work but I can detect no difference when moving the control knob. Am wondering if the control knob switch is bad. The car only has 16,000 miles but has been driven only 1,000 miles in the last four years. Obviously, oxidation has taken its toll on some of the electronic items such as the ABS module. Service engine soon light also comes on. I appreciate the response as I used to know a few things about cars and could do major shade tree work on them in the good old days, but a lot of this new stuff has passed me by. My next project is to get the seat lumbar supports working, but Utube has been helpful on that issue. Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom