Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Selling the Vette

400hp_76

Corvette
Black 1976 STINGRAY cpe, T-tops
I have had it with my vette. I paint it, i clean it, i feed it , i give it more horspower, and what does it do but spit in my face. Well After restoring it from the fire!!!!!!!! , i put a new tranny in and gave it some new gears. what does it do but burn the tranny up and break the gears. The tranny burned up this summer shortly after i put it in and the gears broke last weekend. Well i will replace the gears and freshen the car up ...and then bye bye. I am planning on going with a kit from factory five. This is what ive wanted for the last 5 years anyways.....so i think i will venture into this territory...The kit will give me the handling and safety that i need to do my racing.

Hey, T

Give a yell if you come up to tour the plant - it's here in MA - my backyard. Obviously there are FF5's all over the place in New England. I even purchased the assembly manual for future reference:D.

:w
Guy

wow i hope that's not what you're going to put in the paper to sell it!! ;) :L

That will surely not be what i write in the ad. haha. The car is a great car, and was a great starting point for me to learn about cars. I have out grown the power and handling, + the kit from factory five is an excellent set up for racing. For anyone else my vette would be a dream come true. I have just grown accustom to riding in alot faster and better handling cars. corvette will still be my first love! and 82, i will give you a shout if i come that way. thats cool that you are right there near the plant.

Hmmm . . . this would be a really fun addition to my stable . . .

I looked over their website, but I couldn't find any information on registration and the legalities involved, like smog laws. I've contacted them this evening via e-mail to see what they have to say about it . . .

Best vehicle I ever owned until the last couple years was a F**d. F**d truck . . . now I'm running a Dodge . . . so I won't complain about it being a F**d . . .

But it is still a Ford. :(

Don't get me wrong, they might put out good stuff. But to sell your vette, to buy a Ford... I could see myself selling my vette to buy a house... well on second thought... :(

Mike

Well....Ford or not, those FFR cars perform like there is no tomorrow. 2100 pounds and around 300 horses and it will give a z06 a run for the money, not to mention way cheaper(not to take anything from a Z06). I have 3 friends and we are all on oposite ends of the spectrum....me with the big v-8....brock with the high reving Integra type R from japan.......brandon with the big single turbo supra inline six......and skip with the small 4 cylinder turbo eclipse all wheel drive..... Soooo i am very open minded about every company...

While reading the local Auto Hunter (same as Auto Trader in other areas) yesterday I found someone selling an FF5 kit 20 miles away. Full running chasis and all the rest to complete for $16k. Wish I had $16k sitting around:D.

:w
Guy

I received the fact five brochure a month ago. I saw the article in my brothers mustang mag. I would love to have a Cobra with 500hp sitting in my garage that I built myself. I even thought of selling my Vette to get it. No, the Vette stays. I cant do it. Ill have to find the $20 g's elsewhere. Im so attached to my car its pathetic.

:love

as much as i make fun of f**d, it's more of a competitive rivalry, where as when i see someone in a "tuned" honda civic etc it just makes me plain angry and disgusted. :r
so enjoy the kit car, i wish i could find one build off a gm chasis (besides feiro). :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom