Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Service Tire Mon Sys shows on DIC

malundquist

Corvette
1999 Corvette Convertible - Torche Red- 6speed
What is this about or what causes it? Is there anything I can do to correct it? Thanks, Mark

Maybe the tire pressure sensors are going bad.

It's also possible your sensors simply lost communication with the module that picks up their signal and need to be reset. It's a simple matter to do by getting yourself a ring magnet (like one typically found in a transmission pan) and following these instructions. It's worth a try. You might find in the end, however, that "Toms01" is correct, and the sensors have just reached their life expectancy. They may reset a few times, but will eventually stop working.

What is this about or what causes it? Is there anything I can do to correct it? Thanks, Mark

My 16yr old C5 has what I call a "lazy left front" pressure sensor. It's always been that way in the 10yrs I've owned this car. That sensor's battery is weak and occasionally stops transmitting to the the TPMS receiver in the car, so the DIC show the same message as what you're seeing. At the same time the message pops up, the LF tire pressure shows "XXX" instead of the pressure psi at the time. I then press the reset button to the right of the steering wheel to remove the DIC message....then normally, for me and my car, the PSI reading for the LF comes back on the display like the other tire readings. To me, it's not a big deal and I sure as hell don't want to spend $150+ for a new sensor for one tire when the other 3 work perfectly. I hand check my pressures monthly, cold and hot, and they are always within 1psi of the DIC display. Hey, it works for me!! :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom