Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SHORT TUBE HEADERS

Zo6 LVR

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Coupe
Has anybody had any experience with shorty headers on a stock LT-1. I am thinking about installing a set of Pacesetter shorty headers and was wondering what if any performance improvement might be seen without altering the rest of the exhaust and what sound difference it may make.

I would consider changing from cat back to larger tube and maybe Magnaflow muffs along with the headers.

Quite a few folks here have. I haven't myself but from what I've read, shorty headers aren't much better flowing than exhaust manifolds.

Has anybody had any experience with shorty headers on a stock LT-1. I am thinking about installing a set of Pacesetter shorty headers and was wondering what if any performance improvement might be seen without altering the rest of the exhaust and what sound difference it may make.

I would consider changing from cat back to larger tube and maybe Magnaflow muffs along with the headers.

There have been very few dyno results posted with shorties on LT1s, but lots and lots of opinions from people who have no experience with them...

If you search over on corvetteforum for threads on the subject you will find the info you are looking for (subjectively) from a few people who have them.

The only dyno comparison for shorties on an LTx I can recall seeing in the last 5 years is between shorties and LTs:

354 RWHP 352 RWTQ Robert Velasco Dynojet - Springfield Motorsport
(May 2002) Shorty headers and stock GM cats (long tubes and no cats pulled 357 RWHP - 342 TQ)
http://www.grandsportregistry.com/dyno.htm

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom