Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show a picture of your car!!

My baby

Here is my baby
Just got her on Friday!!!
2001 Pewter

Good looking car, what is that white stuff on the ground? Can't wait for nicer weather, seems like forever ago that I drove mine!!

Congrtaulations on the new member of the family, nothing like seeing the USA in your Chevrolet "Corvette", us doesn't get better than that!

Don't forget the wave,

Bill :w

Dom said:
Here is my baby
Just got her on Friday!!!
2001 Pewter

Thx Bill
Yeah that white stuff arrived right after I picked up the car. What a pain in the a$$.

Kills me to have her and not drive her due to snow

I know the feeling, SNOW SUCKS, :cry WINTER SUCKS, :Steerseems like forever I had mine on the road. Are you going to make the 2000 CAC Cruise Fest in Bowling Green this year? Can't wait for spring that's for sure!

Bill :w

Dom said:
Thx Bill
Yeah that white stuff arrived right after I picked up the car. What a pain in the a$$.

Kills me to have her and not drive her due to snow

Time for a new car

I replaced my 2001 supercharged convertible...

This doesn't look like a CORVETTE! Looks pretty choice but it is not a Vette, just what is it exactly? Is it a Corvette wantabe? No offense here but I am partial to the :pat ALL AMERICAN SPORTS CAR :pat. To each their own I always say, but I am a CORVETTE DIE HARD!

Pretty choice looking car, but I wouldn't trade my C-5 for it.:v
Bill :eyerole

caccobra said:
With this......twin turbocharged 2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R

2000C-5 Black Coupe Owner said:
This doesn't look like a CORVETTE! Looks pretty choice but it is not a Vette, just what is it exactly? Is it a Corvette wantabe? No offense here but I am partial to the :pat ALL AMERICAN SPORTS CAR :pat. To each their own I always say, but I am a CORVETTE DIE HARD!

Bill,

Thanks. I like it too. However, you might rethink your opinion if you ever get a chance to get behind the wheel of a Noble. It's no Corvette wannabe that's for sure. It's in a whole other league.

I'm also a huge Corvette fan and I've owned at least one Corvette for the past 38 years. But at some point you have to recognize that the Corvette is a relatively heavy sports car and therefore has its limitations. If you aren't tuned into what a Noble is yet (not many people are), you need to check it out. It is one of the top 3 supercars in the world. If you find yourself next to one on the street or track......treat it with a lot of respect. And I did sell my 2001 Corvette, because I knew it wouldn't get driven much after the Noble arrived (it was too nice to just sit). The Corvette was supercharged and putting down 443 rwhp, but it wasn't even close to what the Noble can do. It was a beautiful car, as you can see in the picture, but Corvettes like it are on every corner where I live (the Detroit area).....Nobles aren't. And that is some of the attraction too. And you might also be interested to know that the drivetrain is all American (I'm a flag carryin' vet too - Air Force 70-73).

It will run with an Enzo to 175mph and outrun a TT Porsche on a track. 0-60 in 3.3 sec's, 0-100 in 8 sec's, 1/4 mile in 11.8 sec's and 1.156 lateral g's on street tires (all bone stock). You won't get a stock C6 Z06 to come close to that kind of performance and handling. And mine has a Roush map that produces about 50 hp more than the stock 3R. It is very addictive to drive. So if you ever get a chance, drive one and you'll understand what I'm saying.

Craig

2000C-5 Black Coupe Owner said:

Bill,
I followed with some interest, the Noble effort (sorry for the pun) from the backs of car magazine ads to the center of their pages. Watched a great segment of the show, "Dream Car Garage", dedicated to the Noble at it's plant in South Africa, I believe. The Noble is no johnny-come-lately, it is a superb piece of automotive machinery and something not seen on every other street corner. Beautiful car caccobra!

http://www.noblecars.com/new-noble-site/model-gto-3r.htm

Very, very interesting caccobra! Never heard of one, they sure look exspensive and fast for sure; just absolutely awesome looking!

:v so much that buying one would make me feel like a traitor, I hope you know I am not knocking the car at all just not familure with them. Are they made in South Africa, and by what manufacture; under their own name? I am going to do some searching and read more about them; they really look to rich for my income bracket that's for sure.

Take care, the car is just dynamite looking to say the least!

Bill :BOW

caccobra said:
Bill,

Thanks. I like it too. However, you might rethink your opinion if you ever get a chance to get behind the wheel of a Noble. It's no Corvette wannabe that's for sure. It's in a whole other league.

I'm also a huge Corvette fan and I've owned at least one Corvette for the past 38 years. But at some point you have to recognize that the Corvette is a relatively heavy sports car and therefore has its limitations. If you aren't tuned into what a Noble is yet (not many people are), you need to check it out. It is one of the top 3 supercars in the world. If you find yourself next to one on the street or track......treat it with a lot of respect. And I did sell my 2001 Corvette, because I knew it wouldn't get driven much after the Noble arrived (it was too nice to just sit). The Corvette was supercharged and putting down 443 rwhp, but it wasn't even close to what the Noble can do. It was a beautiful car, as you can see in the picture, but Corvettes like it are on every corner where I live (the Detroit area).....Nobles aren't. And that is some of the attraction too. And you might also be interested to know that the drivetrain is all American (I'm a flag carryin' vet too - Air Force 70-73).

It will run with an Enzo to 175mph and outrun a TT Porsche on a track. 0-60 in 3.3 sec's, 0-100 in 8 sec's, 1/4 mile in 11.8 sec's and 1.156 lateral g's on street tires (all bone stock). You won't get a stock C6 Z06 to come close to that kind of performance and handling. And mine has a Roush map that produces about 50 hp more than the stock 3R. It is very addictive to drive. So if you ever get a chance, drive one and you'll understand what I'm saying.

Craig

caccobra said:

Congratulations. With most of the major Corvette components now coming from North or South of the US border my loyalty to the "All American" sports car is becoming less and less of a concern. I too have found myself considering other brands.

Here's the Sports Car Revolution review:
http://www.sportscarrevolution.com/1g.htm

caccobra said:

Is it considered a kit car? Is it insured and registered as a normal production car or it considered a home built? Was it hard to register. My state is a royal pain about custom built motorcycles. I can only imagine how they would be for a custom built car.

bluecoupe said:
Is it considered a kit car? Is it insured and registered as a normal production car or it considered a home built? Was it hard to register. My state is a royal pain about custom built motorcycles. I can only imagine how they would be for a custom built car.

It is shipped to the US as a complete car minus only the engine and transaxle. Those are acquired through AER (for the engine) and 1g Racing for everything else. You then only need to select the installer you want to use (there a few real good ones) and it is done. The cars are hand-built in South Africa and the quality is better than you can get out of Detroit or Japan. They bring it into the US the same way as the Superformance Cobras so that they don't have to comply with bumper and air-bag requirements, etc. Where I live (Michigan), it is viewed as an assembled car and the registration process was fairly simple. An inspection and sign-off by a police officer and then registration at the Secretary of State's office to get a license plate. The engine used is a beefed up 3.0 liter Ford Duratec V6 that is built to Noble's specs by AER. If you want to learn more go to www.1gracing.com. The guy to talk to there is Dean Rosen.

bluecoupe said:
Congratulations. With most of the major Corvette components now coming from North or South of the US border my loyalty to the "All American" sports car is becoming less and less of a concern. I too have found myself considering other brands.

Here's the Sports Car Revolution review:
http://www.sportscarrevolution.com/1g.htm

That is a fairly old review of the car. You might want to check out the March 2005 Car & Driver article at http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=65&page=2&pp=10 .

Craig,
There is no doubt that it is an awesome looking car; I looked at the web site and found it very interesting for sure! Not sure I want one or can afford one but I am impressed! Do you still have a Vette or did you replace it with this?

Would mind seeing some details of the whole car, the interior, engine and etc. The web site was pretty general, unless there is somewhere else I can look. Take care and post some pictures when you get the chance. Sounds like this car will run like a scauled dog that's for sure!

Bill

caccobra,

Just looked at another web site on the Noble and it was very impressive that's for sure! Looks like if you get the works with the engine and drive train you would have in the area of $90K in it, definenly out of my price range, and where I live would be hard to justify it even if I could afford it. I would only be able to :Steer it maybe 6-7 month out of the year. lot of money for sitting in the garage covered up a big part of the year. Can't even imagine what the insurance would cost. I think I will stick to my old C-5, there might be such a thing as having too much fun here as they say! But the car is very impressive for sure! My Vette gives me a lot of enjoyment and it's paid for and doesn't bother me near as much seeing it parked in the garage in the winter time. The Noble is an unique car but definently out of my league. . . . . . . Enjoy your new Noble, I can see that it is not fair to compare it to a CORVETTE, the Noble as you stated earlier is in another league is sure an understatement!

Take care and enjoy the ride.
Bill :cool

caccobra said:
It is shipped to the US as a complete car minus only the engine and transaxle. Those are acquired through AER (for the engine) and 1g Racing for everything else. You then only need to select the installer you want to use (there a few real good ones) and it is done.

My old chevys

Here is a pic of my old chevys. It's hell to get old...but we get the better toys!

caccobra said:
It is shipped to the US as a complete car minus only the engine and transaxle. Those are acquired through AER (for the engine) and 1g Racing for everything else. You then only need to select the installer you want to use (there a few real good ones) and it is done. The cars are hand-built in South Africa and the quality is better than you can get out of Detroit or Japan. They bring it into the US the same way as the Superformance Cobras so that they don't have to comply with bumper and air-bag requirements, etc. Where I live (Michigan), it is viewed as an assembled car and the registration process was fairly simple. An inspection and sign-off by a police officer and then registration at the Secretary of State's office to get a license plate. The engine used is a beefed up 3.0 liter Ford Duratec V6 that is built to Noble's specs by AER. If you want to learn more go to www.1gracing.com. The guy to talk to there is Dean Rosen.

Thanks for the info. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom