Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show us your motor

S

Scott81

I finally got around to getting some of the goodies attached to the new 383, using all ARP bolts in stainless where possible, Edelbrock aluminum water pump, March billet pulleys, Milodon 7qt oil pan, red poly motor mounts, mini-starter w/heat shield, new TCI flex plate, and some other shiny goodies. Sure hope it all works right :D

So let's see a pic of your motor.

new383motor.jpg

You've seen mine Scott, and it appears you are not far behind me. My engine's complete and I talked to Richie today about getting it in for the swap. It looks like the middle of next week things should start happening for me. Needless to say I am getting very impatient; I'm already a month behind schedule now. :mad

Check out the Corvette scripted valve covers I got for it: www.yourcovers.com. I bought the polished version. (Gotta have a little flash don't we?) :L

Keep on keepin' on... :w

_ken

Len- sweet! Always liked the paint job on your car.

Stingray74CC- no problem, it's your avatar, from what I can tell it looks clean.

Ken- nice! I wish I would have seen those earlier, even like the painted ones. I have the Edelbrock elite without script, stripped the paint off and painted the fins red of course. I should have this installed next week sometime, after numerous delays, just need a couple helpers then put some gas in and scare the neighbors :D

Thanks Jack. :D

Hey Scott, I just noticed that you've got quite a set-up there to hold your engine while you work on it. What's the matter, nobody throwing away any engine stands lartely? :L

_ken :w

Ken said:
Hey Scott, I just noticed that you've got quite a set-up there to hold your engine while you work on it. What's the matter, nobody throwing away any engine stands lartely? :L

_ken :w

:L Good one Ken, I have a motor on one and the old trans on another, had to borrow the old wooden bench....but hey, it's got wheels so it works pretty nice. Any time you want to drop in let me know.

Here's a VERY stout 383 in my tube-frame Grand Sport - yeah, it has Vintage Air A/C - gotta be comfy cruising on 90-degree days :D

pubimage.asp

Then again, here's another possibility - 12,500hp V-20 twin-turbo diesel, 18,000 lb-ft. of torque; being 19 feet long, it will require slight body and chassis modifications :D

pubimage.asp

JohnZ,

A Grand Sport, I really envy you now! I'm from Shelby Township originally, how about a ride in the beast this summer? :D I'll probably be up there in June/July or September.

I don't think I could affod the V20 motor let alone the mods to make it fit, pretty cool, what does it power, a small city?

The V-20 is made by MTU (Mercedes subsidiary) for locomotives and ships - a real torque-monster! :D

Sold the GS to make room for the body-off resto on my '57; it lives someplace in the Boston area now.

nah; sorry - can't teach this old do new tricks!

Awww. JohnZ! You've got a 57 270??? I've lusted for one of those (or a 283hp) for almost 46 years now!

Ken,

You get ready to stab that thing, give me a holler . . . I'm in Whittier, ready to help . . . best thing is, I work for free as long as it's a Vette!!

Ron

JohnZ said:
The V-20 is made by MTU (Mercedes subsidiary) for locomotives and ships - a real torque-monster! :D

Sold the GS to make room for the body-off resto on my '57; it lives someplace in the Boston area now.

John- my condolenses on the sale of the GS, but 57's are nice too. If I ever hit the lottery I'll be posting pics of my new GS, I've wanted one from the moment I saw one. I've even seen one of the real ones here at the NCRS show in Orlando, also saw them unviel Mike Yeagers Rebel racer after it was restored, when they started it up everyone in entire place stopped and looked.

Here's my engine!

filters4.jpg

it's a long way from being finished... still need the crank!

Waiting on the shelf are:
6" Carillo Ultralight rods w/ 7/16 CARR bolts
JE forged blower pistons
splayed 4 bolt steel caps
A big can of hardblok
another can of Glyptal
a homebrewn oilpan w/ fittings for the turbo oil drain and a larger sump.
a 296/296/106LCA/.600 lift solid roller circletrack cam

And a whole lot more.... one day it'll run.. one day ;) :D

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom