Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show Us Your Tires & Wheels

Stock 01 Z06 wheels painted black,machined,clearcoated from "Panther Wheels"

DSC_3476_xga.jpg

Sorry if this sounds like a goofy question but my expertise in the tire arena is very limited so please bear with me. I can't learn if I don't ask.

The front tire looks normal but the rear tire looks too small for the rim. Is this the case or am I mistaken?

It's more notieable in this photo than any of the others.

HPIM3145_0012_012.jpg

;shrug

:wJane Ann

JA, they look way to small to me. But that's JMO. The tires look way too stretched out, like they are putting 275's on a 12" wheel (275's should be on an 8 1/2 to 9 1/2" wheels)

jrose, are those wheels in standard C5 sizes? They look fantastic. :thumb

The wheels are 19/20's with the rear being 13'' with a 345/25 tire. IT's the deep dish that throws you. He needs to bring it down some more, and install oem C6 Z06 mud guards. I like it!

Frank

Sorry if this sounds like a goofy question but my expertise in the tire arena is very limited so please bear with me. I can't learn if I don't ask.

The front tire looks normal but the rear tire looks too small for the rim. Is this the case or am I mistaken?

It's more notieable in this photo than any of the others.

HPIM3145_0012_012.jpg

;shrug

The wheels are 19/20's with the rear being 13'' with a 345/25 tire. IT's the deep dish that throws you. He needs to bring it down some more, and install oem C6 Z06 mud guards. I like it!

Frank

Hi all. This is my first post here. As my friend Frank said-the 5 inch rear lip messes with your eye in the photo and she needs to come down a tad more so you can't see so far into the wheel well. Jane Ann,,, I was lost when it came to matching wheel and tire sizes. A friend Edensknight set me straight though. For a13 inch wide wheel you can look at a tire chart for gigs and see(i.e. nitto invos)the width wheel a 345 is applicable to would be 11/11.5-13 inches. No one makes a 355 for a 20 inch wheel but I have to say to Franks point again, 345/355-my QS needs lowered. Not to mention the C6 Z06 splash guards sittin in my garage. Thanks for the comments and thanks for posting/telling me about this fine community Frank! With your fine Z16! :beer

Cool! Welcome to the CAC, Taryn! Glad you joined us!

Your QS looks good! And I love Frank's Z16. The photos of his CE Z06 never fail to take my breath away! If my knees were in good enough condition to deal with a clutch on my daily driver, I'd have a Z16 sitting in my driveway too.:thumb

Please, some info about those lights.

Thanks,
D

Hey D. They are the clear corners with clear lense. 48 led switchback towers in the running lights. 8 led white towers in the parking light with a white led stripe from auto zone run through the parking light wires. The stripe has stick tape on it and is on the outside of the lense. :] I haven't read the rules of the forum yet or I would share more about how, where and who. Feel free to email me if you want to know more. thx :beer

I haven't read the rules of the forum yet or I would share more about how, where and who.
Welcome to the :CAC and thanks for first considering the forum rules! :thumb

I like to think we are pretty open about what we allow. Although others might say otherwise. :L

For the most part, the major :nono's are
~ No flaming. Be respectful of others. Consider that what you write could be interpreted by the reader in another fashion.

~ No blatant linking / promotion / recruiting for other Corvette websites that might compete with the CAC. Example: Hey, check out the awesome forums at XYZCorvette.com!

~ No advertising products or services for yourself or friends without first talking to the CAC staff about becoming a supporting or contract vendor.

Other than that, everything is pretty much good to go. In the case of these lights, feel free to post a "how to". Obviously, that's likely going to include where to get the stuff. No problems there unless you are selling the lights and/or suggesting they be bought from someone you have some type of vested interest with. (See my last ~) Whenever possible, I always suggest people check for things with our supporting vendors. We like to support those that support us. :thumb It's also good incentive to become a supporting vendor just for that reason!

If you are going to post a thread about your lights, I suggest doing it in a new thread. Helps to keep this thread relative to tires & wheels and your new thread relevant to the lights.

Again, Welcome!

Hey D. They are the clear corners with clear lense. 48 led switchback towers in the running lights. 8 led white towers in the parking light with a white led stripe from auto zone run through the parking light wires. The stripe has stick tape on it and is on the outside of the lense. :] I haven't read the rules of the forum yet or I would share more about how, where and who. Feel free to email me if you want to know more. thx :beer

:wHey tbrent, :welcome don't worry about sharing info on your suppliers, just as long as you are not selling them yourself. Sometimes we get our advertised vendors chiming in on a product to let us know they have it, and we do business with them. I would say you have a waiting line looking for where, when and how right now for your lights, including me........................SC:WTT.

smiliethudfh4.gif
smiliethudfh4.gif
smiliethudfh4.gif

haillv6.gif
haillv6.gif
haillv6.gif
haillv6.gif
haillv6.gif
haillv6.gif
haillv6.gif

Jan Ann, you old smoothie you, thank you for the kudos!

Frank :beer

picture756x.jpg

Cool! Welcome to the CAC, Taryn! Glad you joined us!

Your QS looks good! And I love Frank's Z16. The photos of his CE Z06 never fail to take my breath away! If my knees were in good enough condition to deal with a clutch on my daily driver, I'd have a Z16 sitting in my driveway too.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom