Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"sidepipes"

Falconer

Hot rod archives is not set up to do a keyword search. I can get all of the contents pages by month but I don't have time to look through them now. Ken, if Motor Trend has the same archive set up it would be a lot easier on your old legs than sitting on the garage floor looking through your back issues. Besides, if you are like me, you will read so many old articles that you have forgotten about that we won't see you again for days. I asked them for help in locating the article. If I can get the date I know where to look in my archives.

Tom

FOUND IT!

ZR12Vette.jpg

sidepipes

hey ken, nice pipes like them do ya think ill be able to find them guess ill just have to look around. just want to thank you guys again for the trouble im savin this one.:J :upthumbs this is a thumbs up! Thanx Dar

Re: Re: Falconer V12

Originally posted by JT ZR-Won and 59Tom

• [...Motor Trend]
    [...Hot Rod]

One of you guys has the same magazine in mind that I do, and it's probably Hot Rod. I remember an evening shot of the ZR-12 in a parking lot of a drive-in restaurant or something, in Arizona I think. In one of them, the hood was up, right?

Those images are not included in the Vette article, but there are some goodin's! :gap

Ken

Ya know, on second thought...
The Vette I'm thinking of was a Big-Block C4 that was making the rounds. :eyerole

Re: I've been looking...

1987 Z51 said:
...and still am, but I did come up with this so far:

I give up! I can't find the specific Corvette we're talking about. :eyerole Now I'm going to have to sit in the garage and go through hundreds of back-issues of the magazines stored there. :mad

;) :L Ken :w

I was at the Museum in May. It was on the floor. I have some pix of it if anyone is interested. Eamil me offline.

By the way, there are a couple of kits in Eklers, Mid America, and such that are side pipes for C4's. In atleast one case, they're onamental.

Re: sidepipe kit...

1987 Z51 said:

Silver-Eagle, check this out: "Side Effects"

Ken

Now those LOOK like they belong on the car. Do they sound as good as they look?

And they ARE the ones listed in the catalogs.

-John

Side Pipes

I have them on my Cobra, and since it is essentially a straight exhaust, it sounds very good (meaning LOUD) which is appropriate for that car. I do not have problems with the wheels, but the burn hazard is very real, and a serious problem if you show the car. I eventually converted mine to the "original" Cobra style, where the exhaust exit is in the same place, but the pipes are under the car. That eliminated most of the burns, while keeping the sound.

A normal exhaust, with mufflers of some type, is hard to tune so it sounds good because you "hear one side". The Viper has struggled with this problem, aggrivated by the V10, and that's why in the newer ones, they use a rear exit, even though the exhaust is still routed thru the sills.

I have seen body color side kits for the C4 which I think look fabulous. But I would have to hear them first.

Hope this is helpful.

Sweet looking ride faster ;)
My buddy has those same looking side pipes coming from '66 Big Block.....

Jay

IMG_0365Q.jpg

I don't know. :confused

Oh wait, I have have a lot of stuff at Geocities as well, and they don't show here -- you have to find another host; I use Homestead for posting my images. ;)

Hope it helps ya! ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom