Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sill Covers

J

JimS

I recently purchased sill covers for my 95'. http://www.store.yahoo.com/zipproducts-c4c5/x-388.html These sill covers do not have any screws or mounting hardware (they are pressure-fit)thus do not stay in place. I did not want to make any modifications to the interior of the car (screws). I had thought about an adhesive but I don't want to damage the carpet, that would defeat the purpose of buying the sill's to begin with. I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue with some of these covers or have used an adhesive that would not damage the carpet. Thanks!

-JimS :hb

jim....

i do not have experience with this type of sill cover - as mine are the conventional screw-in type.... you mentioned that you do not wanna damage the interior of the car... the existing carpet screws should suffice to hold in the sill covers.. if the sills extend far enough down toward the floor, you can simply drill holes in the plastic sills and use the carept screws to hold them in place....

does this help??

Sill cover..

Jim, I have the exact type (via ECKLER's) on my
85. I removed a pre-existing screw on the outer
side of the sill and ran it through the cover.
Velcro would also work nicely.. Have fun,
Hopper..

Likewise. On the 85 I screwed em down.
Carlo

I'll check out if they extend to use an existing screw. I'm kinda leary about using velcro. Have you noticed any wear on your carpet because of it? I don't really plan on removing them except for cleaning. Thanks for your responses.

-JimS

Thanks

Good call on the pre-existing screw! I checked it out last night. Thanks for your help!

-JimS

SILL COVERS

Jim, 3-M two way tape (body moulding) works like a charm.

Good luck.

Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom