Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

sill plates

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
It looks like these are made to the original specs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/78-7...024QQitemZ370060817542QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

is this just something else to clean and keep scratches off of?

Am I better off with something like this?

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-4-53-1678.html

I think I have enough to polish so I am thinking the latter.

So I need to vents in the middle but the ones on the sides are okay, but a little sticky when I turn them, is it worth changing them or are they still going to be a little sticky?

I still haven't found a whole lighter assembly, I thought Year one had it but when I called them they confirmed what he website showed that its only the element. I need the whole assembly.

The first link looks like original sill plates and I replaced mine. The second link are plastic covers to ensure that your carpet does not get stained or worn out. The sill plates hold them in place. I have the covers and love them. It's a good look and no extra holes or modifications are needed in order to install them.

Sill Plates

For the money the new chrome ones are worth replacing if your carpet is nice, and your current sills aren't! As far as the plastic covers I've had them and think they will really help if your going to use the car as a "Driver". I used to just lay mine on top rather than "Screw" it in. Then they could be easily removed for shows. Since our current car never sees rain or mud, I didn't want the "Look" of the carpeting changed. So I'm not currently using them.Also the clear plastic can get "Foggy" if you use the wrong cleaners, and it will show scratches too.

Everything looks great when it's new!
Just my .02.

Half the fun is deciding what direction to go with yours!
Happy Vetting!
Gerry:thumb

Interior carpet set, air vents, sills all ordered :)

Thank you!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom