Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

small run in with a Z06 sunday (long, kinda)

BA ZR WON said:
Kevin:

You must have the quickest stock 90(sans chip) ever built, or be the best driver in the world, maybe both . My *completely* stock 385hp 01 Z06 turns
12.2-.3@115mph over and over; I don't even change the tire pressure, just stage it and run.

I've run *several* stock ZR-1s from a 1st and 2nd gear roll, 375hp cars, 405hp cars, the result is much different than your reports. My Z06 slowly pulls(because of gearing, not hp at this speed) the ZR-1 up to around 100mph or so(a car give or take). The guys I've ran can *drive* and I'm pretty fair at the wheel myself. From a 1st or 2nd gear roll, the ZR-1 doesn't have the gearing(if it's nearly stock) to keep up. That 1st gear in the Z06 is equivalent to a 4.88 rear gear I believe... Unfortunately it would only be worse for the ZR-1 if it was a 405hp Z06.

Again, you must have a really quick ZR-1 and be a fantastic driver because I can't figure out how a vehicle that runs 12.8@112 (per your sig) can beat one that can run low 12s at 115. The physics of it just doesn't add up to me.. Then again, science isn't my forte, that's why I'm in sales...:):) Good story!

Regards,
Brian A
90 ZR-1
11.94@118mph
01 Z06
12.27@115mph
bone stock

There must be a big variance in power for these cars. I have run "4" different Z06s with my "stock other then K&N" 90 ZR-1 at the strip, 9 minutes from my home...and have beat them by as much as 1/2 car in the 1/4 mile 12.6 @ 114

zzzzooooo66666666 no problem

i beets all the zo6666666 even the new 427 one will fall to the blowwn zr---------1. brothers like speed even in our caddies

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom