Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Somebody help!!!!!!!!

Mad-Mic

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Redskin Red Coupe
Ken or somebody need help!!!!!!!!

ok last week someone backed over my hood in a parking lot (long story rather not get into it) paint ain't the problem it's the front right fog/turn signal bulb (amber one) there is 3 wires going into the hub with a rubber gromet one on the very end. well the end one with the long rubber gromet looks to have a female male connector in it. I think i need that wiring harness and the hub for the right side. when i pulled it out after tracing a light out, i found the long rubber gromet wire to be the problem not the light. so when i pulled it out a piece of metal fell out, knowingly the other part of the female end. has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? i don't mind shelling out $ to get this back to stock trim but GM dealership said they don't make the wiring harness since 95 for the fog/turn signal light. Is there an aftermarket part for this?

Any help much appreciated!

Contemporary Corvette has a junk yard of C3's and C4's. You might check there. Prices aren't that bad

Look at the bright side though, I totalled my 87 vert, same color as yours. Oh well, back to car payments. Good luck and glad to be of assistance

Mike

damn this week!

took it out to the bank and hit a damn curb and blew out my rr GS-C :mad and they don't make'em anymore! damn damn damn damn.......

yeah thats true atleast a truck didn't run it over.....lol so far this week it'll cost me around 1500 bucks with 4 new tires (getting just 1 for now!) and the fog socket w/ wiring harness and 350 bucks for front clip repainted :mad

i was told GS-Cs were still made. This comes from the Goodyear store.

Might be worth checking into a little more.

gs-c"s

wifes new monte carlo ss has them on it ...just bought the car on april 1st... just to let you know 16'' rims not sure the width....mike

You didn't go to the Goodyear on Crain by the Giant, did you? They did something similar with my wife's old car.

Can't find an honest business anywhere these days :( .

Bummer about your hood; I have nightmares about things like that.

[RICHR]

repaint

Just curious, where are you
going to get it repainted?

Someday I would like my front
bumper re-painted, the road
dings are getting to it. Everything
shows in black...

...but I love a shiny black vette.

Eagle GS-C
Sizes & Specifications

Tire
Size Service
Descrip-
tion Sidewall Approved
Rim Width Meas.
Rim Width Section
Width O.D. Tread
Width Max.
Load
P245/50ZR16 BCS 6.5- 9.5 7.5 9.9 25.6 9 1,576
P255/45ZR17 BCS 8.0- 9.5 8.5 10 26 8.6 1,389
P275/40ZR17 BCS 8.5- 11.0 9.5 10.9 25.6 9.6 1,433
P285/40ZR17 BCS 9.5- 11.0 10 11.4 25.9 9.5 1,521
P315/35ZR17 BCS 10.0- 12.0 11 12.6 25.6 11.3 1,433

GRRRRR...... :mad

Check eBay or Tire Rack... you'd be surprised how many new discontinued tires are still in circulation. NTW was able to get me a set of Michelin Rainforce for my Outback a good 6 months after they were discontinued. They just had to call around a bit.

Oh, Mike - I was at Home Depot and picked up one of those hose couplings for the coolant bypass for you.
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom