Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

something's wrong with my front suspension

Twin_Turbo

Corvette
1982 Twin Turbocharged Red/Black
can anyone help..the stock manual is of no use :D

swaybar1.JPG

swaybar3.JPG

Hey Twin Turbo

Ummmmmmmm........... It looks to cool? ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

No, I know what it is, you still havent told me where you got those flares?:drool:

:beer

There's nothing actually wrong with it, I was just kidding there. I built it completely from scratch. The pic w/ the flares is a photo shop of a model car but the flares are supposed to be the ACI L88 flares.

Twin_Turbo said:
There's nothing actually wrong with it, I was just kidding there. I built it completely from scratch. The pic w/ the flares is a photo shop of a model car but the flares are supposed to be the ACI L88 flares.

Hey Twin Turbo, I sort of got that it was a joke, hence the answer " it looks to cool!" anyway,

The reason I was asking about the flares, is they seem a different shape to the L88 flares Ive seen. L88 flares I have seen sometimes seem more like wings added to the side, very shallow angle to the top of the projection of the flare. The flares as those on your signature seem to have a steeper angle attaching further up the original guard - Bugger, a model? (very good model by the way).

Will have to keep looking!

Theres a difference between ACI and the other flares, there's the mudlfap design and the non mudflaps. I made my own flares because nothing on the market will fit w/ 16.50 wide tires.

bodyon6.JPG

Uh your swaybar is upside down:D did you start withthe front flares yet?

Upside down eh? Damn ... back to the drawing board then :D

You mean these? :D
frontflares1.JPG

Twin Turbo

I gotta come over to see that car when you are done. Lots of good work!!!
Ol Blue

Hey Twin Turbo

Looked on the ACI site, but they seem standard L88 flares, and only one type, am I missing something?

How about offering a mould of yours? :naughty: they're stunning!

what kind are you looking for? Compare aCI flares to ecklers/vanacor and others. You'll see there are 2 types and basically 3 versions, the aci flares no mudflap, just a flare edge, the flare edges mudflap style and the mudflap styles as almost complete quarter panels. I still have a lot of work to do on mine, they are nowhere near smooth enough to pull a mold from and they're over 5,5" wide so you'll need 12 or 13 inch rims to fill them properly.

Twin_Turbo said:
what kind are you looking for? Compare aCI flares to ecklers/vanacor and others. You'll see there are 2 types and basically 3 versions, the aci flares no mudflap, just a flare edge, the flare edges mudflap style and the mudflap styles as almost complete quarter panels. I still have a lot of work to do on mine, they are nowhere near smooth enough to pull a mold from and they're over 5,5" wide so you'll need 12 or 13 inch rims to fill them properly.

Like on your model! ;LOL;LOL;LOL
Will check out the other suppliers you mentioned to look at the options, thanks again for your help on this!. :BOW

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom