Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sorry Guys,I ain't been around much.....................................

Hauling butt or hauling bud?

Mac

Well ,I guess on how you look at it!:thumb
They are loaded down with so much Red-Orange pollen today it looks like they have the brake lights on when they hit the deck!~!:L:L:L

:D

Brewin' up some lead, huh Jesse? :thumb

Remember the burn test; Blue = down the gullet, Yellow = in the vette tank (and shave the heads for a tighter squeeze)!

I got lit up by some Yellow Jacket wasps back in July. You never saw a cripple hobble so fast as I did - and in a straight line, no less, which is tough with one stick shorter nowadays than the other.

Although some said I had only one oar in the water BEFORE I got hit ... :L

Jesse, I read this in the news and thought of you and your bees...

Honey bee farmer loses 1000s of bees in suspected poisoning - Manitoba - CBC News

I cannot imagine how the beekeeper must be feeling.

Mac
That kinda BS really P*sses me off!:mad:mad:mad

60 Hives,Thats a lot of work and $$$$ down the drain! I'm think'n $40K is kinda light!:thumb
And if you are doing it like me 100% organic,It's really allot of work and expense! (No man made chemicals or antibiotics for disease or pest control!)

If poisoned,ALL those hives,honey supers,honey, queen excluder's, top boards, tops and bottom boards will have to be destroyed, the wax in them can't even be rendered for candles or other products where bees wax is used! (And there are allot of products that depend on bees wax,Goggle it!):thumb

People think it's cheap and easy to keep and raise bees,Allot of newbies learn the first year and quit!:L

:beer

Last edited:
That kinda BS really P*sses me off!:mad:mad:mad
I cannot understand the motivation behind doing something so needlessly cruel, especially when there are already other significant challenges to bee populations. :ugh

Mac

Lily of the Valley (Sourwood) Nectar of the Gods!:thumb

The Sourwood tree (Oxydendrum Arboreum) is also called the Lily of the Valley tree or the Appalachian Lily tree, growing 40 to 60 feet tall with a diameter of one foot. The leaves are oblong, pointed at the apex and have a sour taste. Flowers are white bell-shaped and hang in clusters 5-6 inches long at the end of the branches. Sourwood is most abundant in the mountains of North Georgia and Western North Carolina. The Sourwood tree blooms in late June through the month of July, during a period when few other flowers are blooming.
By the end of June all spring honey is removed from our beehives. New honey supers are added to ensure the Sourwood Honey produced is in its purist form. Our bees are located in McDowell and Buncombe Counties NC which are rich in sourwood trees to ensure we produce only the best Sourwood Honey in the USA!
Sourwood Honey is extra-light to light amber color and extremely aromatic with a distinctive rich honey flavor. In local markets it commands a premium price. When it comes to quality and taste, no other honey can match Sourwood Honey.

Attachments

• DSC_8649.jpg
    DSC_8649.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 106
Very cool, Junkie!!

How difficult is it to be a bee wrangler? It seems like such a neat idea and beneficial to everyone!

Mac

The REAL trick is getting used to the tiny little lasso needed to wrangle all them bees!

That guy is fast :D
Yeah,Don is fast!:thumb
He breeds what he calls sting-less bees,there nothing more than real mellow high production bees!:thumb

As long as you don't swat at them or make any fast movements,They just don't care!:L

I have 4 hives with his Queens now and just ordered 5 nucs (5 frame nucleus colonies) from him to replace my winter losses and eventually will have his Queens in all the rest of my hives!:thumb

Junkie went down to Georgia.............................

He was lookin for a Queen,
Wound up in Lula Georgia cause he didn't want any that was mean!:thumb

Met Don,"TheFatBeeMan" in person Saturday,
Dayyyyymn.........What a trip he is!;LOL

IMG_1775%20Medium_zpspqomhwhq.jpg

IMG_1773%20Medium_zpsmad6l4ax.jpg

Glad to hear you're going ahead with your bee-venture.

Mac

Hang On.......................

We're going SuperSonic!:thumb

Spring nectar flow and brood build up has been Awesome,Have had perfect weather,Not too much rain,Not too little!

Have 9 hives on line producing (5 really kicking a$$) 9 more coming on in the next 5-6 days as long as the weather keeps it up!

13 full supers of spring honey I need to get off (approx. 650 lbs) and the sourwoods just started blooming early!

:happyanim: I think it's going to be a good year!

IMG_1945%20Medium_zps6q7n3vlc.jpg

:thumb

IMG_1946%20Medium_zpsybapijeg.jpg

IMG_1936%20Medium_zps8hhkmlqg.jpg

That's awesome new, Junkie!! Well done!!

Mac

Take Off 5/21/15

IMG_1959%20Medium_zpsf58sixda.jpg

IMG_1951%20Medium_zpsmauj2erb.jpg

:):):)

IMG_1962%20Medium_zpsicppybq9.jpg

:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

11+ gal of the best Blackberry Honey I've ever tasted!:thumb

6 + gal Spring Mountain Wildflower. :thumb

6 + gal Chestnut,Great Baking Honey!:thumb

Still have supers to spin, Later!~! :D

IMG_1965%20Medium_zpsulpuu8yu.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom