Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sorry Guys,I ain't been around much.....................................

Looks like good stuff Jesse!

You've got quite an industry going, Jesse!! Good for you and good for the planet!!

Mac

You've got quite an industry going, Jesse!! Good for you and good for the planet!!

Mac
69 gal so far,40 gal plus Sourwood,still have supers I haven't pulled,still about 3 weeks left in sourwood season!:thumb

I'm going to bust 1000 lbs this year,828 lbs in the buckets!~!!

:D

98 + gal..............

1187 lbs At end of sourwood!:thumb

Still have Fall Wildflower to go,won't be a major honey flow!

IMG_2101%20Medium_zpsgadagwk5.jpg

You've BEEn a busy boy, Son! :thumb
Looks good in the pictures! Sampled much of it yet?
Dad :w

I imagine that takes some time to process. Looking good there Jesse.

I imagine that takes some time to process.

Took me about 10 days total by myself to sterilize all jars, fill, weigh each one, label and seal!

That stack was bigger 15 days ago,I personally delivered 6 cases of Qts,6 cases of Pints, and 4 cases of 1/2 Pints to Sunny South Florida first week of August! :thumb

" Richard Marvin " would be pissed,
Had the Plastic Car squatting I did! :D

Took me about 10 days total by myself to sterilize all jars, fill, weigh each one, label and seal!

That stack was bigger 15 days ago,I personally delivered 6 cases of Qts,6 cases of Pints, and 4 cases of 1/2 Pints to Sunny South Florida first week of August! :thumb

" Richard Marvin " would be pissed,
Had the Plastic Car squatting I did! :D

Did the extra weight affect your handling and mileage much?

Mac

Did the extra weight affect your handling and mileage much?

Mac
Made the car ride nice,And it didn't hydroplane one bit when I hit that 2 inches of standing water down by Savanna!~!! :D

Made the car ride nice,And it didn't hydroplane one bit when I hit that 2 inches of standing water down by Savanna!~!! :D
Excellent!! :upthumbs

Mac

Colony Collapse Disorder.........................

I think I have a case of colony collapse disorder. :eyerole

IMG_2105%20Medium_zpsbrgccie9.jpg

IMG_2106%20Medium_zpsha4jdri5.jpg

IMG_2108%20Medium_zps5ldhzlvq.jpg

IMG_2109%20Medium_zpsppxjg2vd.jpg

IMG_2112%20Medium_zpsxvbokjmv.jpg

IMG_2111%20Medium_zpshhlsrj0r.jpg

IMG_2110%20Medium_zpsggs8tlzx.jpg

And Yes,They really do Sh*t in the woods! :thumb

:D

IMG_2114%20Medium_zpsalrsrizt.jpg

I'm glad you clarified. I was thinking some local ne'er-do-wells might have decided to cause issues.

Is this something that happens regularly?

Mac

I'm glad you clarified. I was thinking some local ne'er-do-wells might have decided to cause issues.

Is this something that happens regularly?

Mac
Not for me,But yes allot of other beekeepers here in the mountains have had trouble.:thumb
I guess I've been lucky,This one is the first for me,I've had more problem from Hornets and Yellow Jackets!:hb
That's why you see the Arizona Tea jugs setting on hives ,I make bee traps out of them.:thumb

Don't worry,Honey bees don't go near them,Just a couple drops of apple cider vinegar with my bate mixture in each trap and the honey bees stay away! Hornets,Yellow Jackets,Wasps and Wax Mouths on the other hand love it and go in for it!:thumb

Did you know that fresh ground cinnamon will run off Ants,Beatles and Termites? :D

Did you know that fresh ground cinnamon will run off Ants,Beatles and Termites? :D
Only fresh ground? I have an anthill that I wouldn't mind losing.

Mac

... Did you know that fresh ground cinnamon will run off Ants...?

There ain't enough cinnamon in the world the help me there; I've got a 0.7 acre lot in Lorena, TX that's infested with fire ants... :ugh

... Did you know that fresh ground cinnamon will run off ... Beatles...?

A lot of parents in the '60 would have liked to have known that... (I think you meant "beetles") ;)

Only fresh ground? I have an anthill that I wouldn't mind losing.

Mac
I don't know if it would work for a ant hill or not,But I do know that when I start getting a infestation of ants coming in and out of a hive,I sprinkle it on the bottom boards,under and around the hive,the convoy is gone with in a few hours!:thumb

I don't know if it would work for a ant hill or not,But I do know that when I start getting a infestation of ants coming in and out of a hive,I sprinkle it on the bottom boards,under and around the hive,the convoy is gone with in a few hours!:thumb
I've got two ant hills in my backyard. One is in & around a massive old stump; the other is beside the fence. If I can chase the wee buggers away, my neighbours might not appreciate it but such is life!!

Have you heard of this innovative beehive design? https://youtu.be/0_pj4cz2VJM There are several videos by the same group including one that gives detail of how it works.

Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom